Smartcraft SC1000

LakeAnna

I purchased the sc1000 and it works great but I notice in the book it has options to read trim on some models.
Will it work on the 225x (2004)? I don't have a junction box just the harness from the guage to the engine.

Thanks

LakeAnna

So just use the right button and follow the book??? I guess the sender is wired in the engine harness? I don't see the icon for trim when I scroll thru the menu.

GotMyAlly

Then it should have the sender. There's an option in the smartcraft settings to turn the trim-pop on/off. When you hit the trim button, it will display the trim level for a few seconds, then return to the previous screen..

atgill

Neal, I think there is another harness that you have to have.
When they rebuilt my engine this year they left the trim sender harness off and I had to call them, they found it , sent it to me.
My smartcraft is the small square type. Dont know if this helps or not?
Ag

LakeAnna

I have the same gauge

sc1000

It has to have a sender or something to read... have to go down to the boathouse and look.

GotMyAlly

Look at the left side of the clamp bracket, right under the hinge. That's where the sender should be. My 04 225X had the sender from the factory, but I guess there's a possibility that some motors didnt.