So, can I still consider myself an "Allison" Owner?

Mr. Scary

As a lot of you know, my Dad has owned the famed yellow "Ally-Shot" for a few years after buying it from Scott Vickery. He tried to sell it but after he got sick, we decided to keep it and I would take it over and run it next year. We also decided to cut the capsule out of it.

It's an XB-2003 hull with a Quartershot T2 deck (was a T1 but is now a T2). Here are the before and after photos...

patches

Well Sam, the H.I.N. is on the hull part so I guess you're an Allison owner. Boat looks good. Have some fun with it

whipper

I like it both ways oops gota watch what ya say around hear!:punch I really think what youve done with her is way better for just running. That capsul looks like it might get a little warm in there. The fresh air open way will make the Allishot much more user friendly. Looks great!!! Now she just needs a good 260 or 300 on there.

Fl Boy in ILL

Sam its is still an ALLY!!! It has the V-Bottom so ya got to drive it!! By the way it looks great, can't wait to see ya back on the ropes with us

Rick

Darth VMAX

Sweet! Kind of cool it has the ETEC on it. When Scott first created that boat he swore off Merc and had a OMC Looper on it.

I bet she runs for a week on a tank of gas with that little 150 ETEC on her ;-)

Mr. Scary

Very nice! How's it go with the HO on the back??
Dave, it's a stone stock 150 E-Tec (not even an HO). Just a "Saltwater Edition." That being said, I ran it one time with my low water pickup gearcase and a 30" Cleaver (the only prop I had that wouldn't hit the limiter in 1/4 mile) and it ran 86 MPH in 1/4 mile! I know with a 32" cleaver I'd be able to hit low to mid 90s. My jackplate doesn't go up high enough either for this motor (it was designed for a 15" Mercury/16" OMC). It would be impressive for sure.

As for putting a 260 or 300 on it...does Evinrude make a 260? I didn't think they made anything that small. :)

1badss

Banned
The only problem I see with the transition is it allows people to see your ugly mug........J/K

PS: It looks a lot better this way and probably more functional.