So I did a comp test today

procomp

Lee checked mine I just noticed on my bill and he listed all cylinder 6-8%. I guess that means it's okay but not super? On a craftsman comp. gauge they all had around 125 with the short adapter whether that matters or not I don't know. I think Jay Smith posted something about using a long adapter to get a more true reading. Like I listed before my engine has 192 hours on it at this point. It is what it is...hope she will last for a while.
I have read and been told that steel sleeve motors leakdown more then the nic motors. My 225 promax with like 10 hours on new pistons and rings leaks down 3-5%. Buddies 280 with more hours leaks down at 2-3%.
I've read up to 7-8% on a perf then take it apart and up to 10-12% on steel.
Be curious for more feedback on this from people more in the know then me.

xb03

Are yall checking comp #'s on a cold block, or after its been running?

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
The guy that bought my 260 told me it should be done cold. But, I think it should be warm. Who cares what it is cold. I want mine to have low leak down while it running not when its cold and not running.

SLOmofo

If you always do it cold or always do it hot the results will by valid for comparison. Hot is the correct way but boat engines have to be run 10 minutes to get everything up to size.