Something different on the trailer.

resqu-u

I had a fun weekend in Myrtle Beach thanks to a fuel leak. You don't see one of these on the highway everyday, enjoy.

SLOmofo

AAA towing insurance cover that?
I've seen crop duster choppers on the freeway. Huge transformers on massive trailers. But the one that was the best was a military tank that the tractor separated from the trailer getting off the freeway. No one was getting near that trailer as it was heavily guarded. Sat blocking a major exit Hwy 101 to the Hwy 1 for at least half the day.
I can always tell when one of those Coast Guard copters is coming, I can feel it before I can see or hear it.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
You driving the truck? I've always wanted to drive one of those. I don't know much about aircraft, other than they sure are neat. I presume it was the chopper that had a fuel leak? How much do one of those weigh?

waterqtr

I can always tell when one of those Coast Guard copters is coming, I can feel it before I can see or hear it.[/QUOTE]

Right on Dave, no mistakin when one of them is around...

resqu-u

No, I was the crew chief of the helo. We had a leaking fuel cell caused by a cracked B-nut flare. Basic weight of the helo is 6500 lbs give or take a few. There's 104 of them and each one is a little different. Once the trucking co. drives off it's theres until delivery. It would be a very expensive crash, and we barely make the dot 14' limit for height. I miss the old sound of the tail rotor, I think it sounds like a pissed off leaf blower now. Flying them around the country is my best tour yet.

bassracr

That sounds like one of the best jobs on the planet ! , and thanks for your service.. That would have made a good episode on shipping wars. It is interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes to make something like that happen.

K.Kiser

That's a whole lotta truck for 6,500 lbs... I want the engines from that Chopper when the CG want's to shed'em.... And the truck...

F2008

Saw that also. He said he was headed to Texas for the week but he still came to mind. Sad news for sure.