Sometimes the "other boat" is o.k

Speedman

So we had a tourney on the Ct river last weekend and decided to take my partners Gator Jet boat with a 335 hp v-8 Chevy into the upper shallows of the river. We had a 15 mile run and were passed by everyone ( including Nitro-junks!) But once we hit the shallows, we caught up, wasted everyone and got into jet boat land! The smallies were on fire and we limited 8 fish in about 1/2 hour, culling our way to 23 lbs with over 50 keepers, all on Top water and Senkos in less than a foot of fast water., Bad news is 2 fish died and the 1/2 lb penalty cost us 1st place :cry: After the tourney, a couple of locals, asked why I didn't have the Allison and I replied "She is resting and is bored of wasting everyone!" Its great to have the fastest boat in New England and the fastest (57 mph) Jet boat that will throw a Rooster tail 500" behind the boat 30 ft high!, Check out Gatorboats.com and watch the video of the guys jumping over a log! We do this stuff all the time, its way cool!, But when the water is up, the Ally takes over and speed wins every race!

jimmyb

i have toyed with the idea of getting a fishing jet boat, to get me back into some skinny water

i have also thought of getting a bigger walleye boat too, to use in some real nasty rough water...

of course, i would keep the ally for all those other times i need the speed!

White Ally02

Thats purty good there Speedman, those jet boats are really good for gettin back in the holes, we have a few guys runnin them here, they sure sound good.

V6MERC

Hey Speedman,

Here is you a pic of a buddy's "jetboat"....... :shock: I work in the town where they build them there Gator jet boats............................ :D

Speedman

That's a jet? i didn't know they made jet drives for that big of a Merc? on an express, a 250 prop is reel fast! do you know the guy?

V6MERC

Ya, I know both the guys real well..... We're in Oklahoma white bass fishin' at the time I took this pic....... The guy in the front works at a Merc/Xpress/Alweld dealer that has been putting "jet pumps" on V6 Mercs for somewhere around 20 years or so......... You loose around 30% when you pump a motor so it's not as fast as you would think....... I think it will run around 58-59mph loaded for fishin'...... But it will run this speed in 6 inches or more of water! :shock: You can tell it's a jet by looking at the cable that runs down by the motor into the water, it works the reverse gate on the pump.... :wink: If you look real close, thats another 250XS on the left with the guy standing in the back of his boat....... :D When we started bummin' together, a 150EFI was the cats meow! Man how times have changed!