sometimes you don't have to waste everybody!

Speedman

Had a small singles tourney last weekend, had boat 6 out of 10. all 5 boats in front of me headed up the river. about 200 yards from the take off was a bridge that you had to come off plane to go under. most boats went to the middle, I went to the right with my buddy in his jet right on my tail, We blast to the bridge and instead of idling through, I jump to the front deck, grab a spinnerbait and cast parallel to the piller and WHAM, 3.6 lb smallie, while the boat was still settling down! swung him over the side just as my buddy goes by! Turned out to be the lunker of the day! So he takes off and I take a couple of more casts and on to the run! I pass him again and stop at a bluff, throw the TM over, pick up the rod and Wham again 2 lb smallie, followed by 2 more!...and then it ended! he passed me, went on up to jet boat land and ended up in 2nd with 5 smallies for 14.5 lbs, I had just over 12, Had one guy in a Trtion with a 300 think he was bad! He came around a corner as I was just about to go on plane, He was full bore out and watched me jump up on plane and start after him. it was amazing how fast I caught up and passsed him, he was shocked! Especially when I told him my boat was 10 years old and it did this speed 10 years ago when most were running 150's! He said he had never been passed in 2 years, but he also never seen another Allison! So at least the lunker paid for the gas for a day! plus caught about 20 smallies!

flatout

We had a tournament on lake Temagami in Northern Ontario on theweekend and speed really paid off for us. The fish are small and scarce on this lake but in the prefish I found a small school of decent size fish in 60 feet of a point (yes 60 ft) This spot is known by another couple of guys but it is 25 miles from the blastoff. We got out 10th and passed everything in the Northeast arm and headed across open water to our spot. Dropped down a Zoom Fluke in 60 ft and "Wham", double header 3 lb smallies. We brought up 5 more fish before we even heard another boat. When the other boat got there the fising had slowed to a crawl and all we could catch after that was 10" sausages. The morning bite was over and we never let on we even had any fish in the well. We won the tournament with 13.2 lb for 5 fish. That put us into 2nd for anglers of the year. Speed definitely won the tournament for us!
The big smiles :D on our faces from the blast across the lake said it all. It was the most fun we had all year!

jimmyb

dang, 60' do you have to pop the airbladders of the fish?

everybody in a ranger tells me that speed doesnt win tournaments...

flatout

tRIED PIERCING THE BLADDER ONCE. kILLED A GOOD FISH SO WE JUST LET THEm BE! tHEY FLOUNDER AROUND ON THEIR SIDE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND THEY WHINE A BIT BUT THEY SURVIVE! yOU KNOW YOUR FISHIN DEEP WHEN YOU START CATCHIN LAKE TROUT! wE CAUGHT ONE 6 LB LAKER THAT DAY AS WELL
Oops caps locked ,,,,too lazy to redo this post so its good enough!
hOWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>