sportmaster flush kit?

Speedman

where can I get one? I found one at Merc for 73.25, that's way too much.! it looks like cheap plastic with a bungie cord!

fishnfireman

Just take one of the regular muffs apart. The ones that look like 2 oversized suction cups. with a hose adapter on one end.
Most of them come apart easy.
place the one with the hose coupler over the low water pickup on a sports-master. then take a couple of rubber straps place one on each side of the hose attachment. then stretch them up over the bolt head that holds the LU on. Or anything else that will keep the rubber straps tight.
Hook the hose up and turn on the water..
works great on mine-------- and a whole lot cheaper than the 1 Merc. Hi -performance sells

brotherxb03

I use a leather glove with the tip of the middle finger cut off and a female hose fitting clamped on it with a bungie cord. Some had posted pictures on either here or scream and fly,it works good.

GotMyAlly

Check with Reynolds marine. They had them for a pretty good price when I bought mine last year. I forgot how much they were, but much cheaper than 70 bucks.

John S

I got mine from eddie marine at about 30 something bucks. Those other suggestions sound like a better ideer, though, ifn you are a smart enough feller to take the time. Im lazy though ( that must be why theyre clearin the c-notes, and Im runnin the 80's-OR my rigs just filled with Gilmores empties)

Speedman

I spent the money and got a reel one 100 miles away, BEFORE I saw the reply about making one out of a reg suction cup one!

whipper

I guess ya could get a piece of rubber cut it sorta round put a hose fitting trew it and a couple of bungies and vola?Do ya think that might work? James

hack02

Don't start getting cheap on us now. If you can afford to heat a house with ten feet of snow around it you can afford a store bought piece for the GS.

brotherxb03

That glove is the same set up I use and only cost a few dollars to make. So if you use this you kids will have more money to spend when you pass.

whipper

Gary that is interesting! I couldnt think of a nother word for it.:mrgreen: If ya used a rubber glove ya wounldnt loose and water.That gave me an idea.Any one have a pic of a store bought one?The only problem with buying one is Id have to order it and pay shipping,exchange ect, to boot or I could wait till WAR and pick one up when I cross the boarder. Up hear every thing ya buy resembles ear muffs because of the cold.:) James

WT

I use the leather Glove. The whole thing cost less than $1.00 Mine looks a better than the picture posted. It Works Great, some one could patten it and make a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!! " DA Glove" as seen on TV only ??

Last edited: