SS2000 falling off to one side on the pad

whipper

Providing your gearcase and bottom of your set up is in good condition 99% of blowouts are driver Error and the other 1% is mechanical. Being as you say a newbie to Allison and coming off a Hydrostream that has a completely different bottom and way more user friendly,i would really take it easy on looking for any particular number like 100 for instance.
The nature of the Allison pad makes it the fastest by far with lower HP in a boat almost 21ft long. But to achieve this takes time practice and a real feel for what is happening below you and behind you. After 65 your on the pad. Run out the speeds above 65 with your foot to the floor and as each bump on the trim gives you more MPH feel what each stage feels like over and over again. There is a spot around 90 the boat will take yet again another stance that is very high feeling above the water. You are now in the fastest attitude stance your hull will take with a 225. With a 260 there is another spot right around 100 but that is reserved for the 260,280,300drag guys going 100 to 115++ Things {from what ive heard} at 110 is she can get a little flighty with to much lift in a prop. haha I for one will never find that one out . haha With a 225 to achieve 100 mph you are on the same edge as a guy with a 260 SS looking for 110 remember that. 90 with your foot to the floor should be a good goal and dont bump the trim one more time once you've reached 90 until your so comfortable at 90 it gets boring haha. With an Allison its not an aggressive floor it start bumping on the trim hard and not being patient. Its about surgical moves on glass or a ripple feeling each move and that sensation of being on a magic carpet ride that no other boat can duplicate in this size range. When reaching speeds above 85 mph you should not be turning your wheel very much at all to balance. If you are are there is a wind gust situation or your setup needs some fine tuning. Dont even bother trying to go above 90 with a setup thats not perfect and inspected thoroughly buy your self before every time out. There is only one way to drive an Allison and thats the way Darris intended them to be driven. i find most of the fun between 45 and 65. You can jump,Carve,Blast off,rooster tail or if your JR Baturn and have an absolute blast. haha If you dont over trim at speed or have a prop with so much stern lift your popping on and off the lip or hit a wave side ways you didnt see you wont blow out. As long as you have forward momentum and able to keep the bow off the water your golden. In order to hook the hull the stern must loose grip or just fast enough for you to loose forward momentum this drops the sharp shaped deep vee into the water further lifting the stern and the rotational force of the prop pivots you around faster than you care to ever feel the g Force from. haha If you can hang on you have a slight chance you can lessen the effects but rare to be able to it happens so fast. SOOOOOO the trick is to keep the Bow off the water at speed what ever that takes methodically calculating every moment you feel from your but seat at the same time being acutely aware of your surrounding. There is a Norwegian fella on hear {aeneas} who has quite a great bunch of videos he made from when he first got his Sweet RED SS 200xs. His quest was to reach 100. He describes in detail what he found and felt threw all the props and conditions he was trying in etc... Well worth a watch and read the comments. There also was lots of discussion on hear to go with each clip he made. Start from his first one and work your way up. Also the Allison Red book is a must read Did I mention the Allison red book is a must read? . haha Merry Christmas and Enjoy you Allison SS you made a wise purchase.

Xanax1961

Thanks buddy!! I have watched his videos with the 200XS and have read the RED BOOK as well and I thankyou for your detailed knowledge. I haven't had a blow out with this boat but did in the Hydrostream in the early ownership days lol Merry Christmas to you!!