ss2000 Ski pole

I was wondering if someone may help me with a question on ski pole placement. I would like to tie it into the back transum bolts for the motor and the small stringer in the middle back of the boat will this work? This is the kind of racing we do. NWSRA.net
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

badbait

138, where are you located? If I were setting up a SS 2000 as a tow boat for ski racing I think I would make some sort of metal bridle that would come off the tie-down eyes on the transom. This would help your hole shot and keep you from giving the skier that rubber band effect when your in real rough water. I pulled speed skiers for 5 years in the outboard class and have some ideas on how to setup the SS 2000 for that purpose. I also owned a very good handling SS 2000. So if you think I could help you on this send me a private message or call my cell 530 321-4141.

Bill

Bill thanks for the help I will be calling you.

whipper

Figure out how to do this on an SS would look sweet. Just get the GS ski pylon package AND your good to go I would think? I'm not sure who else has a single pylon but i love mine. $165. at Dana marine polished billet 2inch OD, thats the stock GSE hole it just slid right in. I went right to the floor for more strength. Yanks a 220lbs slalom skier no trouble and 5 people in a huge tube and the Connelly dually every day out pretty much still straight and no stress cracks what so ever. Badbait will steer you in the right direction.

Last edited:

Rolf

I bought a stock GS pole and mount from Bill @ Allison and fabricated a mount to the transom on a XR 2002 it went up thru the gas fill/pretty neat,I believe my old SS had a cutout/but not cut out if you know what I mean just behind the center of the back seat.When I spoke to Allison about the "cut out" I believe that a ski pole was a possibility but never made it to the drawing board.Keep in mind that what makes an Allison fast also makes it a not so hot slalom hull/great barefoot but not for agressive slolom skiers,I can easily pull the hull off the pad on a cut and this will be pretty scary for the driver.For ski racing you will be so far behind the boat it probably will not be a concern.
Good luck. Rolf