Steering Wheel Removal

RiverRat71

Hi all. I am removing the steering wheel from my 08 GS to access the dash to install a heads up trim indicator & not sure how the horn button or center cap is removed. It looks like it has to be pried off because it has no screws but I don't want to ef it up trying. Any help much appreciated. RR

XB03AllyProud

If it's old style and still cable steering it will pop off with a slight pry, I actually use a L shaped pick from a set of various picks I have and it works good to get down in there to pop off. If Hyd I never had it off when I had boat with hyd. so don't know.

RiverRat71

Yes it is hydraulic. It is a SeaStar helm. I called Allison Friday but got answering system & never got a call back. I am sure Bill would know but was trying to do this over the weekend.

RiverRat71

Sorry I wasted everyone's time with this thread (feel like a dipshyt). It unscrews. It had silicone on the threads so it felt a little tight but was already backed way off so when I tried both directions it would make a couple turns in each direction. It has been loose since I bought the boat so I thought it was supposed to spin. Thanks again for the input