Stuff happens on evening fishing trip

brotherxb03

I made a evening fishing trip with my brother.He took his rocket with a 225 pro-max and me with my 98-xb03 with a 2.5 carb 200 merc. We caught about 2 dozen not heads with about 4 nice 2 lb fish. So on the way back in we opened them up and my brothers motor seized up. He had just built it had ran about 30 gallons double mix thru it.He had bored it 15 and put carbs on it with a 1" spacer plate trying to get in mileage up,which it drank gas with the pistons cut and the heads milled with the injection an a 1275 lb rocket. So anyway I had to tow him back in and I could not beleive my boat with a 27 tempest got his boat up on a plane. We had to add rope and put his mota down to get it up. Amazing! He checked his motor when he got back to his outboard shop and it smoked #5,He thinks his block may be cracked due to his water pressure being high just since the rebuild.And also his boat and mine ran even @ 75 on gps before it took a dump.

chad202

I feel for ya brother. Happened to me last November. I was running 83-84mph in my Blazer at the time and as soon as I let up at the launch, she let go. It was a bad feeling. Sucks.

RB in NM

Ain;t good to have one go South on Ya... Been there too...

Speaking on towing an Alli, a few years ago, I went home to La., for Thanksgiving. Lou was meeting up with Buddy Camp over at Pass Manchac on Lake Marapaus. I left from my Sis's camp at Head Of Island, took the old Amite out to the lake, crossed the lake to the mouth of the Tickfaw river and met up with Buddy and Lou. Buddy ended up blowing his OMC with me siting behind him in his XB-2002, Lou following in my XB-03. I ended up towing Buddy, in his bote, out the Tickfaw, across Lake Marapaus to the landing at Pass Manchac. Of course the lake was gitting blown up as we crossed. I had that XB-02 and Buddy in it, up on plane at 25 mph plus across that rough lake.

Only In A Alli !!!!!

RB