taking over this forum!

Speedman

o.k guys, I know some of you, like me, enjoy the smell of fresh fish slime in your A-boat, so I guess I will start posting all of my A-boat fishing adventures here. This board is kind of boring and with all my bad luck stories, I hope some find it interesteing....and funny

jimmyb

sounds good... i am definately one that gets a lot of fish slime on his allison!

TN XB-21

Sounds good to me as well. I was begining to think I was the only one fishing these boats :roll:

Let's hear your first tale :)

By the way I am new to Bass Fishing and electronic fish finders. When you use your electronics (fish finder) do you use the fish icons or raw data??

jimmyb

generally it is best to use raw data... you can get much more info from it, once you get used to looking at it

finding fish in water less than 20' deep is kinda unlikely cause the fish has to be pretty much under the boat (depending on exactly what transducer angle and sonar unit you have)

GotMyAlly

I turn off the fishID feature on mine. It tends to identify limbs/stumps as fish sometimes. ANd if there really is a stump down there with a fish sitting on it, sometimes it will show as a stump only and write off the fish as part of the tree. With the fishID off, you can sometimes pick apart an image and see a fish sitting on a stump.

TN XB-21

Electronics

Got My Ally and Jimmy b,

Thanks for the advice. I thought the raw data was better. I tried it for a few hours this week and liked it much better than the fish icons. But I wanted to get some advice from some experts. I have the Garmin 178c and the garmin 250c and I am pleased so far with the results.

Thanks again :grin: