Tempest for fishing!

I ran a 25 tempest and liked it :), for fishing. It ran well with 2 men and tourney load, 85.8 gps with throttle left turning around 6500 rpm's. xb 2003 225 pm. I have several different props for speed, I am just curious why Tempest prop's don't get mentioned when talking about Trophy's, especially for fishing :?.

Butch Leslie

I can't answer that question, I can tell you that I use a 25" pitch tempest also as a fishing prop with XB2002/280. Don't know how fast it will run as I only go about 55 or so on fishing trips. I can say this, hole shot is awesome. On plane in an instant with no bow rise at all. Butch Leslie

Glad to see I'm not the only person running one Butch :), like you said holeshot is very good and comes in handy when your gonna be runnin some short distances, you would think they should run as well or better on any Allison using a 26p trophy.

Butch Leslie

I don't think they will run better than the Trophy. The Trophy has very little slip to it. I can do 100MPH with a 27" trophy with me and a passenger on board with 3 batteries, trolling motor and half tank of gas. I never made a top end run with the Tempest, but I honestly don't think it can do as well as the Trophy. I don't use the Trophy much as there is lag time on hole shot by about a second and a half before it starts to spin up. I have all of the plugs out, but with the 280 having open exhaust, not enough gets to the PVS holes in the prop to let it slip on hole shot. Now keep in mind this is a 27" Trophy, the Tempest is 25" and there is no problem because of the small pitch. Butch Leslie

brotherxb03

I have a 25 and 27 tempest plus I run on my xb03 and I like it. I don't care to turn the 25- 7,000 rpm's though. They both have excellant hole shot's with no bow lift. Butch,my brother had a 202 in his shop the other day the color of your boat. I found it funny the guy kept it after his brother in law got killed in it and he almost did too.

Butch Leslie

If I had a close call in mine and allmost got killed, I don't think that I would get rid of it. Maybe I would use it less and for sure I wouldn't do the thing that gave me the close call. If you would go and price one of these XB2002's with a new 2.5/280, you would be shocked. I am talking $45,000. I didn't pay that much for my house, but then that was 31 years ago. I sit in my garage a lot with friends and it sure is nice to look at this boat. Butch Leslie

brotherxb03

My 03 need a trailer,so I need to get one to run it. I thought about selling it,but I hate to. I put some 98 model covers and new promax head about 3 months ago on the motor and only ran it once since then. I started to go fishing a few week's back with the wife and got to looking at the rust on the trailer and changed my mine.