Thank you everyone!!

FLYING BUTCHER

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your well wishes and prayers. We had a pretty tough accident this past weekend and got beaten up pretty good. Most of the time it takes a pretty good sized 2x4 to get my attention but I got it this time!! We have really enjoyed racing and made some of our very best friends at the races and here on the different boards. I hope everyone understands my decision to stop racing. Last time this happened I junped back in the boat the next day and finished the race but this time it just isn't going to happen. Decided it is time to just fade out and do some "old retired guy" things. Thanks again to all of you for youir friendship and well wishes. Have fun be safe

RedAllison

Glad to see ya still "up and able" there Bill. :beer:

Man you live in north TX, with all them awesome bassin lakes so nearby I'd be MORE than happy to hang up the racin shoes and break out the fishin flip-flops. :gone fishing

Goin fast is fun, crashin SUX!!! :relax:
RA

Casey G

Bill I respect and understand your decision to stop racing. We take a huge risk every time we get in our boats.

I’m sure you already know, but there are many or us in our area that not only race, but like to just boat ride as well. Somebody has something planned dam near every weekend. I know there is a huge get to gather planned on Caddo Lake in October. Maybe you would enjoy those just as much, I know I do. I've stepped back from racing this year, but plan to go at it next year full force again, but if i had to choose just one i think i'd pick what's more fun for my wife and son and that's not racing. They really enjoy camping and making long river runs with our friends.

something to think about

Darth VMAX

I am glad eveything is ok. Sounds like the fun is just changing and not going away...

Mr. Scary

Congratulations on a great career and I'm sure the fish are extremely nervous now that they know you're going to be focusing more on catching them than driving past 'em.

Rocket

Bass Boat Bill,, Glad that you're up and typing!!! You know we love you (and Joyce) and will ALWAYS be your friends come hell or high water!!!!

And We are always in need of a good pit-crew/toe-hoe/boat polisher/bartender/Wine-o,,,, on the "Sweet & Sassy" team! :big grin :big grin :big grin

But then there's always GOLF!:rolling eyes

Love ya man!

I just Hope you can sit still for 6 weeks while you heal up... Come out to east texas and take me fishing soon will ya?

SLOmofo

Big Blocks Feared him, Now fish fear him.

Let us know what actually did happen to cause your accident. I've seen a few versions so far.

It would help all to know what was wrong so we don't take the same path.

Brack

hey ol'friend, glad to see ya feel'in a little better,.......call if you need anything Bill,

heal-up quik....Fall fishin is just around the corner

Fishforcash

Glad to hear your up and typing. Ray Bob is just up the road, hollar at me and I'll meet ya down there.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hey Bill, great to see you can still type. As bad as it was, it could have been a lot worse!!

Take care bud,

Lou

Blue Gray in PA

Glad you're OK and hope you find something fun to do with all your spare time - sounds like family boating may be the ticket - just put a throttle stop on there and you'll be good to go!