Thanks for the knobjob Hydromotive!!!

John S

Maybe in hindsight I coulda phrased that better. Did just what ya said it would Todd, thanks! Holeshots like a 24p now, and shitsngits way harder. Yet another fine job done by the Hydromotive crew. Im so happy with it, Ill let what you did to my wife slide.....

You gotta show for 3 lakes next year, dude.

TBuck2003

John,
Good deal glad you like it. You said you wanted **** n git... Hope we did not take too much big end away. Carrie Underwood would be soooo proud...

TBuck

Love to go gimme advance notice so I can get my liver n shape...

Last edited:

Jimxb02

I agree !!!

Get Todd to cut some knobs on your old choppers.

My 28" knob cut gives good accelleration and very good top end --- been running it two years now --- still my best prop.

Jim

John S

Todd, 3 lakes is June 26, near Rhinelander WI, Guaranteed, you got some drinks on me comin, and its an awesome event.
Took her out again with more of a load and a passenger, still runs great. What I like is that it holeshots better, and still lifts good with a load, carries the bow nice. I dont care so much about the topend, but from a few short pulls, its still comparable, just runs nicer. Ill get a pic tomorrow if I can, SS. No question, if I had a chopper layin around, Id be sending it to Ohio ASAP!

RedAllison

THATs the amazin thing about the knob (or "Piecut" as it's also known :big grin ) it continues to do it all awfully dang well no matter how much weight you put in the boat. That's where it REALLY shines over most other full over props and cuts!

:beer:
RA

catfish123

Do a search.......there are pictures of it on this site........great prop..............looks a little bit like an ET Lightning or SRX. The one I had ran better than an ET Lightning.

Last edited:

xb03fs

I think I need one of these for my speed play prop.

What are the downsides versue my quad iv ot-x

Will it carry a load better?
Faster?
Accleration?
Fuel milage?

1badss

Banned
Thanks RA, I looked but this damn thing is smarter than me. I would really like to try an offshore cut but I dont know what I'm going to end up with yet, if anything. Thinking bout not getting another glass boat when this one goes.

John S

Heeres ya go SS...

As far as the details go... I told Todd I wanted a better launch, still carry a reasonable load of either a passenger with a sh**load of whiskey, or multiple passengers filled with a sh**load of whiskey, or a fishing load (me and a buddy carrying paperbags filled with lures and a sh**load of whiskey), and I would prefer punch (acceleration), to top end. Like Ive said, it does just what I wanted, Thom, Todd, and that lady that answers the phone are the coolest people on earf, and the best hands down in the boating industry to work with. I like my quad 4 when Im gonna carry load of wieght, but there isnt a comparison on my rig between the two wheels. And fuel mileage??? If youre running a merc 2.5, thats like asking Jenna Jameson how many words she can type a minute! Just pokin at ya, lol.

RedAllison

Aint no full over gonna carry weight like the X-OT, simple physics at work there. But for a full over, the Knob is amazin!!! (Mid-range will have ya grinnin and thinkin evil things :twisted evil )

:beer:
RA