The 280's Back

Westy

My 280 just arrived back from JSRE. I can't wait to get it back on and start breaking it in.:very happy

Westy

Westy

I did Jay's stage 3 mods plus new nick. Can't wait until Friday.

Ready to ROCK! After break in of course.:big grin

resqu-u

WOW, that is one perfectly clean engine. I hate to think of spending money on the rebuild but having one of Jay's engines is the perfect cap to a work of art boat, enjoy!

Westy

Thanks for the compliment. If you are going to do something do it right. That's why we own Allisons right?:big grin:big grin

Westy

Stage 3 includes new wizzard pistons, tini rings, rods, wrist pins, 1"intake spacer, reed plate, mods to the air horn, injectors sent to Brucato and secret mods to the block. :wink along with everything else that would be done during a rebuild.

Darth VMAX

Follow the break-in EXACLTY. In fact, if you heed Jay's advice he states to take it to the Kansas testing grounds. He contracts out a certain XB2002 to rig it on (mine!) I will break it in for ya :)

h2oskiier30

Follow the break-in EXACLTY. In fact, if you heed Jay's advice he states to take it to the Kansas testing grounds. He contracts out a certain XB2002 to rig it on (mine!) I will break it in for ya :)
Darth, you put that big black beauty on your boat and all it will do is cost you a lot of money.

Darth VMAX

Darth, you put that big black beauty on your boat and all it will do is cost you a lot of money.
LMAO! You are proof of that! So how you like the 280/XB2002 combo?

I was SERIOUSLY looking for a 225x for my boat...thought I found one, but it turned out to be a scam. Darris has "my" motor, I just didn't have enough money for it....sans the Yamaha rebuild.

Westy, That motor is SUPAFINE!!!!

Westy

Darth- Thanks, Do you live in Kansas? My company has a plant there in Lenexa and I get over there a couple times a year.

Darth VMAX

Small World. I was a little behind you (age wise).

Bet you miss eating a "Nu Way" huh?

Westy

Sorry I moved when I was seven. The only thing I remember is watching my Dad drag racing the family Pontiac in factory stock class.

ty asplin

man i hope you have better luck than i did took mine to hydrotec for rebuild 6000 later and 2 trips back motor still screwed up. so then i drove 8 hrs to where i bought the motor and got it fixed right broke it in sunday. its all good now.

Darth VMAX

Hydro-tec is awesome on the Yammies, didn't know they worked on HP Mercs.

Wait...do you have a red XB2003? I saw one there this past June.

Westy

Ty, sorry to hear about the troubles on your motor.

I ran mine this morning and it ran like a charm. It's really tough cruising around at 3500 RPM letting Rangers go by me. I did get on it for just a few seconds and let them know what they just passed. :LMAO:

I can't believe the acceleration. Tells me my motor was tired and in need of the rebuild since I bought it. Of course 50+ extra HP doesn't hurt either.