The Arab Spring

LakeAnna

There must someone here that checks stuff???? Hell, took me ten years to get here! Arab moon... or whats that Neon moon.:gasp

GotMyAlly

We create our own problems by aiding these rebels, and then they turn on us once we've put them in power......

xb03fs

at least Gadaphi or what ever the old ruler was would take the bribes "aid" and play ball with us.

"The Arab Spring it takes a community organizer to wreck years of hard work to inflate his own ego in the name of 'progress' "
ie in some cases the means (aid and corrupt ruler) justify the end(Libya playing ball with the US so to speak.)

Alli-drenaline Rush

We create our own problems by aiding these rebels, and then they turn on us once we've put them in power......
Well said..... Didn't we nurture the Taliban once-upon-a-time as a counter to Soviet influence and efforts in Afghanistan?

GotMyAlly

Yep. I say leave 'em alone until they become a threat, at which point we blast 'em back to the stone age.

There's 2 ways to gain respect, either through love or fear. We've tried for decades to buy their love, it hasn't worked...........except to push us to the brink of financial collapse.

Peace through superior firepower.

WildWolf

Yep. I say leave 'em alone until they become a threat, at which point we blast 'em back to the stone age.

There's 2 ways to gain respect, either through love or fear. We've tried for decades to buy their love, it hasn't worked...........except to push us to the brink of financial collapse.

Peace through superior firepower.
That'l WORK!