The fishing report...in the money/jackpot

Wicky

I got some skinnys!!! That's wahoo for those who are wondering.
It was the 18 Marlin in two days I caught/released that kept me from catching more
skinnys. It was the tuna that blanked us.

FLYING BUTCHER

Good lookin fish but man is that one guy UGLY!! Just jerkin your chain Wicky!! Hope you are doing well. Are you still callin on Winco?? Man that company is rockin-keep that stock going for us old retired folks!! 75 and sun here today and polishin up the boat!!!

Wicky

Hah!!! Too funny! Yeah, I'm still selling to Winco. Stores are doing very well indeed. Boise hit almost 60 yesterday!! Can't wait to start shishing the slopes!

whipper

Ive herd that those big fish charters produce big numbers because of all the bait thats out from multiple anglers. I guess your trip verifies that! Looks like a lot of smiles on deck!

Wicky

Ive herd that those big fish charters produce big numbers because of all the bait thats out from multiple anglers. I guess your trip verifies that! Looks like a lot of smiles on deck!
They produce big numbers because they know where to fish!! Lot's of smiles and this was a very slow trip in comparison to all other trips I've been on. Definitely not a trip for the novice or intermediate. And definitely not a trip for anyone who wouldn't want to be out to sea for many days at a time. I've seen a few on these trips who hated it after the first day.

whipper

Cool! If i ever get the chance to go out on one of those charters I will for sure. Im used to spending weeks at a time on board so a few days sounds fun. I was close to going out on one like that once but ended up just chartering a 40ft Bertram by my self going for Marlin. I kinda wish i hadnt of done it that way because I was a novice at Marlin fishing. I figured because I was a licanced long liner comercial fisherman ,fishing with a rod and reel would be a snap for little fishys like Marlin!:banghead Wrong! My wife and had a nice day never the less.

Wicky

Cool! If i ever get the chance to go out on one of those charters I will for sure. Im used to spending weeks at a time on board so a few days sounds fun. I was close to going out on one like that once but ended up just chartering a 40ft Bertram by my self going for Marlin. I kinda wish i hadnt of done it that way because I was a novice at Marlin fishing. I figured because I was a licanced long liner comercial fisherman ,fishing with a rod and reel would be a snap for little fishys like Marlin!:banghead Wrong! My wife and had a nice day never the less.
40ft Bertram??????? Now that is my dream boat!!! You don't wan't marlin anyway!!
Tuna...now we are talking!!! Not easy to longline though!! Lot's of sharks on the longline I bet.

whipper

I was on a Halibut boat for two years on the north west coast. lots of fun and hard work but I was so used to it it never felt like work. Thats the only reason I took the Sport Fisher also because it was available and my dream yacht also!! she was a little lets just say not Bristol but never the less a Bertram. I tried jigging for shark but my wife was green so I took her back. I only had her for about 6 hours @ 100 bucks an hour back in 1984 in Mazatlan. I had a commercial fishing license issued by the fisheries and oceans here in Canada on me and my power squadron papers from the coast guard and thats all they needed. im sure they would charge a heck of lot more now! Last spring in Cancun I tried to take a 30fter out for the day with the kids and they told me to pound sand basicly! So we had to go with a group of strangers just not the same. Since I moved from the island I was born and raised on I sure miss seeing the beutifull yatchs on the coast.:sad I go visit my dad on the island often he has ocean front so I get a chance once and a while to get my sea legs back. I never though in a million years I would ever be a land lover!! Haveing the Allison makes it a little more tolorable anyway. Ill be back on Vancouver Island to stay one day and before I retire Ill have a Bertram Moored at the Nanaimo yacht Club mark my words. this is about the biggest fish in the lakes up hear not bad for a trout! Oh ya, like my fishing Vessal!:big grin Its not a bertram but it sure catches fish!

Wicky

Thats a fattie!!! Great fish!!! Landlocked I can completely understand myself growing up fishing off of SoCal and Mexico fishing for pelagics, calico bass, and others. Still get to do it just not every weekend. Instead, it's all about the smallmouth/largemouth fishing here in Idaho. In fact, I caught and released what was probably the state record largemouth two years ago. Just another fishing story eh!! I love it when I'm on a lake and there is a tournament going on. I'm in the GSE ripping by the Rangers and Tritons. I get to their spot and catch their fish. I like to watch them scratch their heads!!