The Lip

XSive

Does anyone have a pattern or really good photo of "The lip" on any Allison, preferrably an XR2002 that they could share? (Drawing on a napkin could work)I gotta put one back on cause someone thought they knew better.

Pics and all help appreciated. :help

Thanks in advance.:very happy

K.Kiser

this is patches. i'm using my brothers screen name cause mine's not working. anyway, when i get back to my boat tomorrow i'll take some pics and maybe do a little measuring if i can. my xr2002 still has the factory lip. i saw where a while back you were asking about set up's with a 200. what numbers are you seeing with yours.

XSive

Haven't got it wet yet. Still working on some issues.

I sent you a pm on S&F. Thank you for your help.

K.Kiser

in the first pic i measured how wide the lip is. mine measured 7 5/8. you can see that it starts at it's full heighth in the middle and tapers to almost nothing on the outsides. i sprayed the bottom with a little black primer and then went around it with a sanding block to knock off the high spots. you can see the lip that runs down the outside edges of the pad go all the way to the back while the main lip tapers. i'll try to get some dial calipers later today and maybe get a measurement on the heighth. it's a good thing i'm gonna clean up the running surface of this thing cause it looks like crap under there

GFinch

EXCELLENT! Pic's

This is what I needed all along for my XB2003. Answered my previous posts questions.

My question now is, are they basically the same in shape between the hull's?

K.Kiser

its primer. in of the pics you can see where i used a sharpie first then went to the black primer. my running surface needs all the nicks and scratchs fixed this winter

XSive

Thanks Eric!! You are the man.

I'll give you a call this evening, I'm busy grinding and playing stringerboy...Not fun.

K.Kiser

hey bill. here are the measurements for the lip on my boat. i used feeler gauges for this and a 12 inch ruler against the pad just like i have the paint stick in the picture. the gap where i measured with the gauge was about 1 inch in front of the lip. these measurements start at the center of the pad and go towards the outside in half inch increments. i'd be interested to know if these are about what others have. i've only had this boat about 2 months and as far as i know the lip is factory.

center .052
1/2" .052
1" .051
1 1/2" .048
2" .046
2 1/2" .035
3" .031
3 1/2" .024
4" .008

Last edited:

XSive

Thanks for the info guys.

I think to put the lip back on I was going to make a pattern out of a piece of thin plastice, like the kind they use for applying decals, and as I moved out from center just lay it over gradually until it is flat.

Erik, do you think this is about right? I went slightly higher so I can sand it a bit.

Darris had recommended using Ad-Tech (P-17) which I do have now.

Thanks Erik and James. I appreciate it.

Attachments

GFinch

We we separated at birth.

Thats almost exactly what I was going to do. Only using a plastic spatula.

Going to make one for the side of the pad where the other lip that runs front to back. And then one for the rear of pad lip. I was going to leave a small cut out at the very back and bottom. So a little would be deposited on the rear of the pad. Then You could have little extra material to sand off and make things sharp.