This year's upgrades

DOUBLE J

Thought I would start a thread on what your planned or in process doing in upgrades on your Ally for the next year's boating season. I'll start :
On the Grandsport
1. mechanical trim indicator mounted on side like Bob did on his
2. adding a pyrometer gauge
3. swapping trim gauge for hour meter
4. adding black bezels to: all gauges, jack switch, key switch and kill switch
5. changing toggle switches for gps recall and trim timer to custom made black 2 rocker switch panel
6. powder coating lower unit w/ stainless powder coating (@ powder coater now)
7. new windshield (installed)
8. polish out hull (just finished)
10. completely rewire everything under dash
11. run boat with new 15X 34 labbed Mercury Cleaver
All parts are in but 3 bezels and I'll be ready for installation of everything not presently done yet. Hopefully everything should be done in 2-3 weeks and I'll be testing in December. I'll post pic's after completion and results with cleaver after testing. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!! lol

JWolff

On my 2+2

Hydraulic steering
Hydromotive XOB prop
All aboard ladder
Smartcraft gauges
Rear bench
Little boombox with bluetooth

xb03fs

I want a bigger motor or cut heads preferably bigger motor

22R

Ordered a new style drivers console from Allison yesterday and will install a new stereo receiver to upgrade sound system.

flying07

This is a fun thread, love boat toy shopping! haha. . . mine is tucked in for winter, getting heads cleaned up a lil by Ruck (his former shop), probably have Tony raise the limiter on teh ACU, then it's a new set of Livorsi gauges (any suggestions on where to buy, let me know, wow they are pricey!), and clean up a lil wiring. Motor is getting raised some on the hydrualic jack plate, then it's a new 30et to spin comes spring ! all on a lil fishing motor in the GS. . . haha. . . have fun everyone!!

nickens21

xtb-21 Rewiring some things under console. A lot of wires were under there that was not run to anything. Getting rid of some gauges, and replacing ones I'm keeping with new gauges. Getting new dash plates made out of aluminum and powder coated. New rocker switches and new aluminum switch plate as well. Taking the vinyl part off of console with another powder coated plate. New hds 7 touch will go there. Going to look good. Should get it all together next week.

varmint2002

Do Darrises sport master mod. Remove, and re grease steering cables, repaint or replace steering wheel if it looks stupid when I'm done... coating is peeling off metal. new raised Allison logos for side of boat. Rewire trailer, gel coat repair holes where speedo pickup used to be before GPS.

gmorgan

I'm just going to try to wear out all that I've already done: hydraulice steering, new carpet, polish and wax job, new gauges, new props, new gearcase, new depth finder and new bench seat.