Trailer Question??

jdm90

My boat sits right on the center rollers of the trailer. I know from previous post this isn't the way it should be, but will new bunk boards solve this issue or is there something else I should investigate? Thanks
David

Speedman

I have a 94 and when I took it off the trailer, I noticed some wear spots on the hull where it sit or bounced on the rollers. I completely redid the trailer and installed new rollers and now there is plenty of clearance. Wood and carpet do shrink over time. I have heard some guys taking the inner sleeve out of the current rollers and that seems to work also

ziemer

If you have a Boatmate trailer, when you install new bunks raise them up off the crossmembers about 1/2" or so. This will help keep the cross members from rusting, plus it should pull the boat up off the rollers. :wink

jdm90

Thanks Ziemer. Don't think it's a Boatmate Trailer, I can't find a tag or manufacturer name anywhere.

Crazyoz

Banned
If your bunks are not rotten or damaged you can just sheem them up about 1/2 inch or as high as you need them to be. When I had my pad fixed they shemmed mine for me at the factory. This will save you some money and it works very well.