Trailer side marker lights??

white03

Hey guys

I need a couple side lights for my XB2003 trailer. It has a red and a yellow 2 or 3 inch round type, guess that is standard on all trailers. Would like to get LED lights but can't find any round LED lights locally. Anyone know where they can be ordered??

thank you

Bill

allimax

If you can bare with me a day I can get you the correct part #'s for what you want. First let me make sure of a few things. If yours is the same as mine you have a Boat Mate trailer and the lights kinda pop into a rubber mount. If you pop one out it will have a rubber plug with 2 male posts that pushes into the 2 side by side female terminals in the sealed light. Sound right? These type lights are used on the trailer of a tractor trailer and they do come in LED. I have a catalog at work so I'll check things out.

BGohr

Etrailer.com they're probably the 2 1/2" inset in rubber Just replaced mine after 16 years

smilinjack83

Just about any place that sells and works on trailers should have them, I found "l e d" for my 2003 trailer where they sell big rig trailers.

allimax

Looks like the light is a "Model 10" marker / clearance light.
Napa has several versions of these listed. Looking at there inventory your best bet is Napa part # 1050 for the red & 1050A for the amber. You can go into Napa's web site & see pictures. As long as the wireing harness on your Boat Mate trailer is factory you can snap the connector plug right into the new light & pop it back into the rubber mounting grommet.

thegoop

where can you get a replacement license plate bulb? i got the old one off and it has 8072 marked on it. i checked boatmate and truck-lite and a ton of other sites and cannot find the part.

GotMyAlly

The truck stops around me have every imagineable trailer light you could ever need. Got several replacements there.

allimax

I'm pretty sure what we have is a NAPA # LIT 26001. I would need to measure but this one is 1.25" from the center of the bolt holes and a total of 1.75" across. It comes with a new pig-tail connector & gasket. Someone measure if they can, I know it's a little sh*t and I won't be near my rig for another week to check.
http://m.napaonline.com/Tablet/parts/PartDetails.aspx?Id=LIT26001_0212769099

Last edited:

catfish123

They are available on etrailer.com and they are 2 1/2" lights. The grommets they list with them do not fit right and you will need to get Model 10 grommets, readily available all over the net.........just did it.

allimax

Catfish..........you still waiting to teach me how to run this thing?:cool:
The last post for him was about the licence plate light, I think we got the side marker thing straightened out.

catfish123

Just let me know when.............I can teach you to bat turn the thing as well as the next guy:LMAO:

thegoop

thanks guys. allimax that is the mystery part. now i gotta try and find one in canada or on ebay or something. at least i know what i am looking for now. thanks!

allimax

Hey Catfish, are you the guy that taught Craig:shock:, sounds like his wife was a good sport at least and the 180 happened at my kinda speed!:rolling eyes

thegoop

What a nightmare. NAPA Canada does not carry part 26001. They say they cannot even order it. Truck Lite also has the part but they are special order only from big rig truck shops. I've had to order my lights and I may not get them in the end.