Transducer location(s) on XB2003

motobuffy

Moving into a new to me XB2003 from an XTB-21. First shakedown cruise revealed the in dash Bird 60 did not produce a bottom reading. Further investigation indicated there was no transducer plugged into the unit. Since my head can't fit over the hotfoot to see if the wire just came loose and "Finger Looking" didn't reveal it in the mass of wires, I went looking for a glassed in transducer in front of the fuel tank. Didn't see one or a "pocket" in which to mount one there. I find it hard to believe Allison would stop putting a pocket in their boats, but don't know where else it would be. Before I start tearing into dash panels to get better access to a possible detached transducer or buy a new one, I would like to verify the existence (or not) of a transducer in the boat. Where to look for the puck?
My XTB also has a pocket for a transducer in the front of the boat. Can't tell if the XB2003 has one without tearing out a previous owners farkle, which enclosed the front storage area aft of where the pocket would be.

motobuffy

Thanks. Right where it was supposed to be. Don't know why I was so sure it would be further aft. Now to get out a clothes hanger and send the end back to the dash.

motobuffy

I've got the skinny part, but long gives me problems. The puck is loose, so I need to degrease and re epoxy. No matter how nice a new to you boat is, there are always a few things to fix or change to make it yours.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
If you put it there you are gonna lose the bottom reading while your running. If your running sidescan you are gonna need to put it on the jackplate.

motobuffy

Not to worry. This unit is the old Humminbird in dash flasher that used to come on basically every brand of bass boat. I would use it only for navigation at off pad speeds and then rarely. But since it is there, I would like it to be functional.

Anybody on the existence of a pocket in the front of the boat???

90 5.0

If you put it there you are gonna lose the bottom reading while your running. If your running sidescan you are gonna need to put it on the jackplate.

I had mine in the factory location, and side scan on the jackplate and it worked perfectly.