transom 17xst

durandbagwell86

I just bought another old 1979 17ft xst and the transom is soft, I'm going to replace it, stringers and floor, I was wanting to know if anyone on here has had the top cap off of one, if so I was wanting to know how hard it is to get the top cap off once you get drill all the rivets out that holds it on, any help or tips at will be helpful. thanks

Iowafshr

I'm not of any help, but good luck with the project. Also you should post some pictures of the progress.

RedAllison

I just bought another old 1979 17ft xst and the transom is soft, I'm going to replace it, stringers and floor, I was wanting to know if anyone on here has had the top cap off of one, if so I was wanting to know how hard it is to get the top cap off once you get drill all the rivets out that holds it on, any help or tips at will be helpful. thanks
dbag you might want to give Kirk Oran a holler (K Oran on the board) he and his father were Allison dealers for years around Knoxville and he's restored 19-20 older Allison's over the years. Here's a link of his latest resto he had for sale lastyear. (I STILL think about that boat, I just have TO MUCH going on right now and not enough time for the boats I have now. This rarest of rare he restored deserves to be FRONT & CENTER by whoever owns it!) http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=11108

Good luck and yes, please DO post pics here as you proceed if you don't mind! :at the bar
RA

Last edited: