Truck Detailing

Westy

After 5 days and a total of 36 hours I've just completed the detail job on my truck. Man, back is killing me but the results were worth it.

What do you think for a 2012 daily driver with 20k on it?

Anybody spot the Allison?

Westy

Thanks Flat Out. I've done a few things to wake the Hemi up and have the lowering kit just have not installed it yet.

Did you find the Allison?

GotMyAlly

What have you done to your hemi?

I've got a Vararam intake and a Bully Dog programmer on mine. It's amazing how much difference just those two things made (by the butt dyno).

Westy

Flat Out: I also have the Vararam and a Magnaflow catback exhaust system instead of a tuner I put a Hypertech Interceptor on. My truck is still under warranty and the Interceptor does not leave a footprint in the PCM. I think one of the biggest improvements was the accelerator pedal module that came with the Interceptor, it changes the curve on the how fast the throttle body opens.

I have a McGaugheys 2/4 drop sitting in my shed, just no time to install it.:mad:

GotMyAlly

I haven't heard of the interceptor before, but the reviews look great. I might have considered that one if I had known about it before I bought my BullyDog. I'm happy with the BD though. It changes the accelerator sensitivity too.....definitely a big difference.

Do you have to run 93 octane with the interceptor?

The BD made a HUGE difference with the power gain turned all the way up. But i don't want to run 93 octane all the time. On the 87 octane setting, the power added is about half what it is on the 93 setting. Still noticeable but not as much WOW factor.

HTHM

And that's when you go mudding, right after your done.

Westy

I haven't heard of the interceptor before, but the reviews look great. I might have considered that one if I had known about it before I bought my BullyDog. I'm happy with the BD though. It changes the accelerator sensitivity too.....definitely a big difference.

Do you have to run 93 octane with the interceptor?

The BD made a HUGE difference with the power gain turned all the way up. But i don't want to run 93 octane all the time. On the 87 octane setting, the power added is about half what it is on the 93 setting. Still noticeable but not as much WOW factor.
I have run 91 which is the best we can easily get in my world. Most of the time I run 87 and it runs great.

GotMyAlly

The BD pinged on 87, advanced the timing too much, even on the setting which is supposed to be tuned for 87 octane. They built me a custom tune for 87 octane after I sent them some logs. Runs great now, but was a little bit of a hassle at first. But now I have a tune completely custom to my truck. I can turn the power up on the BD to a 93 octane setting that makes more power, but 93 octane is like $.50 more per gallon around here. I put too many miles on mine to run that all the time.