True and funny boat story

fastallison21

Omg,I just witnessed the same thing at the ramp yesterday. Where do these people get the idea they need a boat?

xb03fs

Really feel he had to be pulling your leg. As dumb as people are that seems impossible

fastallison21

At first the man forgot the plug,pulled back up the ramp,fixed that issue,then fired up,put her reverse, and floored it. Not once but 3 times. Then he shut her down,stood up and told the driver of the pick up,"hey I think you need to back up more". This went on for 20mins. My buddy asked me should we tell 'em,I said nope but at least they did pull the tie down straps loose. It was a brand new legend boat.

Mick

This is great idea for a new thread "ramp story's" lmao... Some of the stuff I've seen, and I'm sure all of you would be a hysterical topic!! Years ago one of the guys in my old club applied silicone to the bunks of his trailer for the electric only lakes we fished in the spring.. 1 morning he unhooked everything and started backing down the ramp and his boat actually slid off the trailer Before he made it to the water.. Bahahaha, I was in stitches, brand new crestliner, no damage but it was funny as hell..

fastallison21

I guess all of us has had some sort of mishap at the ramp. I guess my worst case I can think of was the time we were late getting to the ramp for a tournament. So we roll up to the staging aisle, get out and start unbuckling straps and motor tote. I grab my plug out the cup holder,bend over and put it in. We finish getting ready and my buddy backs us in. He parks,then comes gets in the boat,we get our jackets on and proceed to idle out. As we are going along, he asks me,"you put the plug in?" I said "well hell yes I put it in,obviously its not in the cup holder,what kind of damn question is that?",it kinda pissed me off, He says,"the kind u ask before asking where's all this damn water in the floor coming from?" So we get back to the ramp,load up,and pull up the ramp. So I tell him,"I told u I put the damn plug in,he comes to the back of the boat and I still haven't caught it. He says" yep jackass you did put it in,but I don't think the live well hole is gonna keep us from sinking." I guess you could say that was my dumbass attack moment.

Mick

I guess all of us has had some sort of mishap at the ramp. I guess my worst case I can think of was the time we were late getting to the ramp for a tournament. So we roll up to the staging aisle, get out and start unbuckling straps and motor tote. I grab my plug out the cup holder,bend over and put it in. We finish getting ready and my buddy backs us in. He parks,then comes gets in the boat,we get our jackets on and proceed to idle out. As we are going along, he asks me,"you put the plug in?" I said "well hell yes I put it in,obviously its not in the cup holder,what kind of damn question is that?",it kinda pissed me off, He says,"the kind u ask before asking where's all this damn water in the floor coming from?" So we get back to the ramp,load up,and pull up the ramp. So I tell him,"I told u I put the damn plug in,he comes to the back of the boat and I still haven't caught it. He says" yep jackass you did put it in,but I don't think the live well hole is gonna keep us from sinking." I guess you could say that was my dumbass attack moment.

Bahahaha, been there!! When my now wife and I first started dating, actually first time I took her out fishing.. We pull up to the ramp I do the usual unhook "plug" etc.. Back the boat in jump in and troll her over to the dock tell her I'll be right back and go and park the truck.. As I'm walking back down to the ramp she says "ah Hun I think your boat is sinking". Even though it was and old pos nitro I was like no way!! Get down there and there's 4" of water in her. Lmao ran my ass off pulled the boat out feeling like the biggest ass on earth in front of my new gf... Haha she still laughs everytime we go to the lake!!!

FlatOutAlly

Saw a guy once with a Glastron on a roller trailer watch a guy with a bassboat on a bunk trailer unhook the bow strap, get in the boat, have his buddy back him down and glided it right off. Simple, sweet and effective. Glastron guy thinks with a smile. "That's a GREAT idea!!!" and tries the same thing. Glastron lands on the ramp 8 feet short of the water still half on the trailer, thankfully. He looks at me like a kid that panda his pants a week after potty training. Asks me what he should do. "I'd put the bow strap back on, and winch it up and launch like you did the first time you ever launched it. He did, gathered up his stuff, relaunched properly parked his truck and left the harbor. Boat probably needed serious lip repair, but still performed the same. He went downstream, I went up.

Mick

"A kid that shot his pants a week after potty training"!! Lmfao!! That is a funny analogy... I've seen quite a few guys that fire there outboards up after there out of the water strapping everything down.. I always laugh and get a kick out of that.. Have always thought that was a terrible idea

fastallison21

Come on now Mick, u know all them triton,ranger,stratos,did i say triton?,of yeh i did,triton owners gotta fire up the Ole motor after strapping down the boat,they gotta lose that water weight to pull those heavy ass barges back home without any more strain on their tow vehicles

Mick

Fastallison21- you gonna be at the rally? I c you have an xtb. It was a toss up between and 03 and xtb, I went with skewbys 03.. Hoping to check one out in person and get a ride :)
I've been so busy with work and kids haven't had a chance to go thru my memory file for more story's,
But I'm sure there's more!! And then there's the booking of a room before I have to sleep in the bed of my pickup.. Lol there filling up fast it seems

fastallison21

Well I was half way there last year and my flipping transmission went out in my pick up. Roy and Skewby were gonna come get me and pull me there,but that would have just put me further away from home. So if the good lord is willing and all the planets and stars line up,and I have my new powerhead on, yes sir I will be there. Have u reserved u a place yet?

Mick

Well I was half way there last year and my flipping transmission went out in my pick up. Roy and Skewby were gonna come get me and pull me there,but that would have just put me further away from home. So if the good lord is willing and all the planets and stars line up,and I have my new powerhead on, yes sir I will be there. Have u reserved u a place yet?
No not yet, wife and kids are gonna stay back and let me experience my first rally alone, in piece, with plenty of beer and no worries :) am considering whites creek as Skewby refered me too them and they are pretty reasonable, also considering arrowhead. How bout you, any other good cheap places you know of? Looking for cheap and bar close by. Lol

ROBERT CROSS

Old story....

I heard it as.....Marina delivered a boat & trailer to a private Island.

But stupid things DO happen....

Bob

Lotus 50

My boats are kept on lifts in the summer. We were bringing one to the ramp one fall to take it out and got in line behind a sailboat. First the sailboat ran aground, so we helped pull in in past a sandbar. Then the sailboat owners lined the boat up to the trailer. The trailer was woefully undersized but whatever. We helped (they were incompetent) get the sailboat on the trailer and they pulled it out. Then we saw the flat tires, so my brother gets his air compressor out of his truck and we fixed that. And off they went, trailer bottomed out on it's suspension, boat barely clearing the ground. The sailboat owners said they've been using the same trailer for 3 years. I wonder who got them in and out before us.

I need to work on my writing. It was a funny/sad experience, but reading just shows pathetic, which it was.