Tuning brucato acu

bill

Hi guys, I have a jsre promax 225 on my boat now and it seems to be running really fat. It is slow out of the hole and only turning around 6300 rpm with a 25 p trophy. I am 660 above sea level. Here are the settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Ps Jay did an amazing job

Attachments

hirk

I had a 225 pm on an xb03 and talked to Tony as well as watched my pyro exhaust temps and read plugs. All my setting ended up -, the main was at -6 and the others between that and 0 with the holeshot setting the richest. It would only turn 6200 when it was +5 but turned 7200 at -6 with exhaust temps at 1160 iirc (right at ideal). 300ft. asl

bill

Thanks Hirk, that makes sense. I will start leaning it up. Did you have your sensitivity and volume in the - % also?

hirk

Hi guys, I have a jsre promax 225 on my boat now and it seems to be running really fat. It is slow out of the hole and only turning around 6300 rpm with a 25 p trophy. I am 660 above sea level. Here are the settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Ps Jay did an amazing job

hirk

Thanks Hirk, that makes sense. I will start leaning it up. Did you have your sensitivity and volume in the - % also?
Yup all -, they were all about -2-4% except the main, i ran the main at -8 for a bit with no issue but settled on -6 to be conservative. Tony told me his base settings were conservative/rich and to lean down.

bill

Good deal, really appreciate it. I am just a little nervous about burning it down. I seam to be good at that!!!! Haha

allimax

Hirk, would you mind explaining where you installed the temp end of your pyrometers in the exhaust? Pic would be great if you have one.

hirk

Hirk, would you mind explaining where you installed the temp end of your pyrometers in the exhaust? Pic would be great if you have one.
I dont have that motor anymore so no pics but they were installed at the bottom of the exhaust/water diverter cover (the large piece held on with about 14 bolts between the heads), the pyros bullets replaced the existing bolts.