txp's

jaybluez

I would like to hear from guys that are running a txp on their rig and some real #'s on pitch and rpms. I am on the market for a new wheel and from what I hear I should get a prop 2" smaller than what I'm running now if I switch from the trophy I'm running to a txp. I'm running a 27" trophy and bumping the rev limiter (6800)solo on a '98 225 promax on the back of an xb 2002.

badbait

If your on the limiter with a 27 Trophy I don't understand why you would be cutting back to a 25 with a 6800 limiter. Your top speed would be cut to around 81 on the limiter. I think you should consider a 28 Chopper. Very effecient mid range and better holeshot than the 27 Trophy.

jaybluez

I have been told that the txp's are so stiff that they run as a higher pitched prop than what is stamped on it...if that makes any sense??? I don't want to drop back in pitch but I've been told I won't be able to turn a 27 txp like I'm turning a 27 trophy.

ally2dextreme

I have been told that the txp's are so stiff that they run as a higher pitched prop than what is stamped on it...if that makes any sense??? I don't want to drop back in pitch but I've been told I won't be able to turn a 27 txp like I'm turning a 27 trophy.
keepin mine the 27 trophy is more like a 29...ive never used a txp but im sure they could recomend a pitch when you order it

chad202

txps are very stiff. youll probably need a 25, maybe a 26. I'm running a 24, don't know the wot rpms or speed. I don't believe it's going to have big topend numbers but for all around use and fishing, it can't be beat.

jaybluez

Thanks for the replies guys. Chad, when you can get some comparable numbers b/w props please let me know.

chad202

I used to run 25 trophys but the holeshot of my txp is 1000% better and the lift of these props are unreal. There are very efficient. I get great fuel mileage cause at 4000-5000 I can run the trim completely out, have no rooster, and the boat is lifted way out the water.

Allyfishing

I am new to this board and have been reading all I can about the setups etc. for Allisons and am trying to squeeze all I can from my Astro. It will have to do till I can round up the money to buy my first Allison!! Anyway, I am sorry for interrupting but I have tried a Trophy, Tempest and TXP. Because my hull is so heavy at 18'8", 1640LB, the Tempest was the best at speed and holding the bow up but a dog out of the hole. the Trophy spun like crazy but could not hold the bow up and was much slower. I was told to try the TXP over on BBC and what a difference. Great out of the hole and almost as fast as the Tempest. 25P Tempest at 6000RPM's at 71.2MPH and the 25P TXP at 5500RPM's at 68.9MPH all GPS. The TXP will be worked by Mark Croxton over on the BBC and was told he is one of the best. I was told this is a general rule to drop down a pitch or two from a Trophy to a TXP. By how much depends on the hull. Hope this helps. :gone fishing

jaybluez

Astro, was the txp a 3 or 4 blade?

What do you guys thing the difference in speed is b/w the 3 and 4 blade?

To those that have run one, is a 3 blade txp a better choice for a tourney prop than a trophy. My trophy does not hold the boat up well at slow speeds but drives well at higher speeds. I remember asking about these props a while back and someone was running a txp but I can't remember who it was.

Dark Allison

Jay Bluez,
I like the TXP 4 better than the Trophy's. If you are running a 27 Throphy go with a 26 TXP 4 because of the increase Dia. I personally have not run the 3 blade. I am very impressed with the 4 blade. I have a 2:1 sportmaster on my XTB21 and I run a 30 pitch .

Allyfishing

Astro, was the txp a 3 or 4 blade?

What do you guys thing the difference in speed is b/w the 3 and 4 blade?

To those that have run one, is a 3 blade txp a better choice for a tourney prop than a trophy. My trophy does not hold the boat up well at slow speeds but drives well at higher speeds. I remember asking about these props a while back and someone was running a txp but I can't remember who it was.

Sorry I did not respond til now. Mine is a 4 blade. The TXP 4 blade is a larger diameter than a Trophy. It really lifts the whole boat and really carries the bow well. I needed a larger diameter because of my heavy hull and lack of natural bow lift. Most often 3 blades will be faster. I would not hesitate trying a TXP and Hydromotive props are awesome. The guys at Hydromotive are great guys.

Allyfishing

Jay Bluez,
I like the TXP 4 better than the Trophy's. If you are running a 27 Throphy go with a 26 TXP 4 because of the increase Dia. I personally have not run the 3 blade. I am very impressed with the 4 blade. I have a 2:1 sportmaster on my XTB21 and I run a 30 pitch .

A 2.1 lower unit on an Allison should LAUNCH you out of the hole with that TXP.