Vintage Mercury Commercial...with an Allison???

AMERICAN

Great commercials.. "you and your girl and your Johnson" that cracks me up...Thanks for posting....

etnprop

I have one of those... mines a 1964 and the motor is a 1966 100SS. That guy looks like hes havin a ball running across that sandbar!

Darth VMAX

Is that an Allison{Craft} in the Merc commercial? The stern doesn't look so much but the bow and gel design on it sure does. I am thinking perhaps it was a design they were still tinkering with.

What do y'all think?

I swear, that Johnson commercial is the best outboard commercial ever. LOL

Darth VMAX

I whole-heartedly agree. The ETEC commercials are by far the best of todays commercials. But they are supposed to be funny.

The old Johnson commercial was probably meant to be a "serious" commercial, thats what makes it even more funny!

RedAllison

Can't make out the first boat, but the second one is a Hydrodyne for sure. I think that the first one is as well. For sure borrowed heavily from the original Allisons.

Darth VMAX

Yeah, the name "Hydrodyne" is pretty easy to make out.

I think I see:

"Allison
......Craft"

on the 1st boat

RedAllison

Did the early/mid 60s A-boats have the molded in seats like that 1st boat in the vid???

LMDAO, that "You and your Johnson" ad is just WRONG. I don't care WHEN it was made. rofl

Last edited: