Vols hoopsters go down???

hack02

Pearl said if you cut his salary he'll cut the teams performance. You only get what you pay for, or you only get what you'll let him pay for.

etnprop

Dangit Jim we've gone all year without commenting on the Tiger football team and we don't even get started into regular season basketball and ur kickin us while we're down! Seriously - they seem to have lots of distractions over there right now so who knows what we've got.... they said Pearl had'em watchin film at 530A the next morning after the loss!

RedAllison

JOE, are you tellin me the Tigers have a FOOTBALL program??? :cuss :gasp Man now I'm gonna hafta go check that one out, never seen nor heard of it, we're a BASKETBALL school!!! :big grin

Pearl sure went from hero to zero in K-town, he's a great coach no doubt but I kinda gotta question his recruiting ablities. Sounds like he's on borrowed time unless he can pull a rabbit out of da hat this season. :help
RA

john4utvols

Pearl sure went from hero to zero in K-town, he's a great coach no doubt but I kinda gotta question his recruiting ablities. Sounds like he's on borrowed time unless he can pull a rabbit out of da hat this season. :help
RA
Not in my book, He just got caught. No different than the Tigers or any other school out there. Pearl is not going anywhere..........

RedAllison

Pearl's on a tear for sure, knows he's on borrowed time this year if he don't have a kickin season. Hope he can keep it up.

Cant wait for them to host the Tigers at home on the 5th of Jan. 8pm ESPN2!!! :at the bar
RA

hack02

Pearls got to take an eight game suspension some time this season, he may not even be there for the Memphis matchup. I like the big post player UT has this year. If they can get more points out of him he'll be a good-un.

RedAllison

lol Joe, I just KNEW you'd have sumpin to say today... :big grin

For a young team I think we played a much more mature and higher ranked #4 Kansas purty good lastnight! :beer:

If Pastner can keep all our boys passin school, out of trouble and out of the NBA for the next 2 years then LOOKOUT!!! We'll be UNSTOPABLE...

We gave 'em a fair fight for 3/4 of the game, Coach Self was WORRIED and POd for that 3/4 and we weren't even supposed to be that much of a match for the Squawkhawks. :cool

We'll spend December and January maturing, interested to see how far we come by February,
RA

etnprop

Please..... somebody get on here this morning and say something about that Tenn/Memphis game last night so it won't look like I'm pickn' on Red.... ouch!

RedAllison

Joe what are you talkin about, game what game? The only game that Memphis was a part of in Knoxtown lastnight was the girls volleyball team was dressed in the mens basketball outfits. :embarassed

Our youth showed lastnight and besides that you can't beat luck, TN couldn't miss 3s if they woulda took the goals down. :cuss

Next question, will Pearl have a job after the suspension is over? I'm thinkin if that asst. goes 8-0 Pearl will be DONE in college basketball. :wink

Between watching whatever you wanna call Arkansas' performance in the Sugar Bowl and then our performance in Ktown lastnight... I'm gonna stick with cleanin guns and gettin fishin stuff ready at night!!! :relax:
RA

etnprop

you could be right about Pearl... kinda weird around town now on the talks shows and such with people so openly critical of both Pearl and Hamilton the AD...people can make excuses for him for taking a few kids to his house for a bbq but hard to defend his not being truthful about it. Same everywhere I guess... lose a few games and everybody's ready to dump you and move on! Should be an interesting next few weeks.