Water skiing with Grand Sport

Lotus 50

How well does the Grandsport track with a slalom skier? I can pull my SS2000 all over and I am far from a competitive skier. But the GS has a pylon and is a bit bigger. Good recreational ski boat?

We have a dedicated outboard ski boat now. Flat wake and straight running. My brother wants one boat to go fast and ski

Ally-Sun

Hey Lotus I have had two Vkings and a Checkmate Exciter. The Vkings and Checkmate with their flatter hulls, cut a minimal wake at slalom speed 30-32 mph for us. The Vking the lesser of the two. The GS handles the tug of the skier in a run a little better IMO. As far as pulling a skier up all depend on motor and prop more than hull. Yet in all other areas of boating i.e. Ride, lack of porpoising, quality of construction (no rot, replaced the floors in all three of the others and a core in one), taking waves, storage, and efficiency the Grandsport is leaps and bounds above the others! So a little smaller wake comes with a flatter bottom V-pad other than that GS hands down! HOPE this helps!

Last edited:

Lotus 50

Yes, you sent me pictures of your SS2000 pylon mounting. I never put one on as I was afraid of someone using the boat for tubing and it getting ripped out of the boat. Now that we have a tow boat no one in my family uses my SS2000. The SS2000 wake was acceptable. Not as good as our J Craft but acceptable. Tracking without a pylon was lousy but I can see from Ally-sun that the GS with a pylon will track as well as a Vking. My brother is familiar with V Kings so that helps.