Went up a hole tonight.

whipper

I went up a hole on the engine to the Jack tonight. I was only 1/2 to 3/4 below all up!! Now all up is 1/2 above. I marked the gauge and plan on running dead even at nutral for a change. I thought I accualy was before. I dont know what I did wrong messuring before but I know its dead nuts 1/2 inch above all up and a new mark for even above 1/4 below which is at the top white mark on the guage. I cant wait to try it!!! Hears some pics from my ordeal. I was by myself and it didnt take to long once I got orginaized. It was sugested I add a 5th and 6th bolt two up top. I couldnt get the same size 3/4 in there so opted for 3/8 as saftey bolts below the regular mounting ones up top only. Like my lifting ring I fabed up. I used 7000lb per Sq inch rod. Should hold a PM all went well.

catfish123

WOW...........LOL..............I thought this was going somewhere else when I read the title to your thread!!! Good luck with this, I'm sure you will gain a little speed from it.

whipper

WOW...........LOL..............I thought this was going somewhere else when I read the title to your thread!!! Good luck with this, I'm sure you will gain a little speed from it.
:shock::LMAO:Good one never thought of that HeHeHe. I hope theres some more there. Whole point of the exersise. I just cant get over how long I was were I was for engine hight. It kinda pisses me off. Done now.

Last edited:

bringit

yeah i was thinken it was goin elsewhere 2,damn that started off funny as hell.WENT UP A HOLE TONIGHT,hope u get what u wanted!

suicidealli

our minds think alike....
how does your hyd steering lines look. i changed my set up. the lines always humped up on me....... i know it is off te topic..
i ran them accross the motor to the other side, and crossed them at the helm. they dont hump as much. just a thought. it looks cleaner too..

anyways be careful..... it is going to feel a little looser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whipper

hey Whip, did you ever run the boat since you went up on the motor?
Well I did but only had a 25 trophy to use that day last week. I have a performance 28 Drag4 Ally worked to try on friday.
Because I didnt want to risk surfacing the trophy to much i only went up a bit more with it. I gained 2 mph with the 25 trophy at about 1/8th below. I surfaced it once trying and it just slipped. The Drag can be surfaced so Ill try that new one all the way up and see how she feels. The hole shot is way better also i noticed. 1mph more also with my buddy on board. He rides with me lots so I know we got that 1mph because I never could get there on the gps before with him on board. I think every pitch I go up Ill gain prepotiantly more buy the way that trial went. I cant wait to try the 28 next. A 30 or 28 Chopper11 would be the real test though 1/4 above to even with less lip. I like so far.