What a day

fishmesser

Well I went to Dale Hollow today with my brother in-law and took his boat for a day of fishing. Unloaded the boat and he told me to drive me had broke his glasses the night before. He had been on the lake one time before and wanted me to show him a few places to fish. So the day of guiding started. We ended up with 4 small keepers and he lost 2 good fish about 5 feet from the boat and said he had another good fish on for a couple seconds. I sucked with only 2 dinks.

I did enjoy most of the day. Seen 30 or 40 Turkey's That kept us awake for at least an hour Gobbling,cutting clucking,purring and a couple fights on the bank before they wandered into the wood. It sound more like April than November. After they left we made a run up the river where we set and watched a pair of Bald Eagles For a few min. Before we knew it. It was time to head back to the ramp.

Did I tell u we took his boat. This is what I wanted to tell you about the day. I owned that boat for three year and when I had it thought it ran good,but man that thing is sloooooooooooow. 1996 180B procraft with a 150 XR6. I think some time we get used to the boat or in Lou's case :lol: Boats that we forget just how fast our boats are. I did miss the "A" boat today and I am glad it was a calm day on the water.

fishmesser

No I didn't get passed by a jon boat but I didn't pass any boat either. Running that slow a normal 5 min. run took for ever. When we started out I think I held my finger on the up trim button half way to where we wanted to fish.