What Prop ?

LAAllison

My Allison is an XS2003 ,225SM with a Sportmaster. Friday night Momma and I were out star watching and hit something. No bad vibes or anything, got back to the ramp okay and everything looked okay. Sat, running in about 40ft of water hit something else. This time broke the prop shaft and lost my 28 Chopper. Now my question is what prop do I want to get to replace it? I run a 26 Trophy for everyday use and sking but really liked the chopper in rough water with a light/moderate load. I hear good things about the 27 Trophy, is it enough better than the 26 to make it worth the money? What else might I try?
Thanks for you thoughts.
Art
58 days till the Tide kicks off

RB in NM

re: 27" Trophy

I have heard there is a LOT of difference between the 26 and 27" Trophy, the 27 being very non-typical in pitch in relation to a 26".

I'm sure there are other guys on here that run them more than myself. I gave my 25 Trophy away to a friend. I got a XB-03 with 2.5SS. I am a firm believer in any overhub wheel.

The chopper is an awesome all around prop. If the 28 chopper worked well for you, I'd stick with it, or borrow someones Trophy for a quick spin in order to make up your mind on which to go with.

RB