whats a 2001mercury 300 drag worth

Flashgordon

Probationary User
Hey guys, I have a 2001 mercury 300 drag from diamond marine with less than 100 hours, runs perfect. Does anyone know what this motor is worth?

Flashgordon

Probationary User
Retired 2 years ago to Norris Lake ,TN. Always wanted an Allison, so I bought a 95 XB 2002 tournament with a 300 mercury drag off of this site. Needed a little more work than I anticipated (no fault from the seller), but i finely found someone to get it running right. Let me just say, going 100+ mph in 11 seconds sounds like a blast...until your going 100+mph in a 900 pound canoe. The drag engine in 2000 was only available to drag racers from mercury at the time. The engine was never raced, due to previous owner retiring after going for a swim. Im debating on selling the boat complete or parting out. The engine still has the break in heads on, I have the racing heads. The boat is still together, hydraulic steering, Bobs low water pick up 15" shaft ,sports master gear, new water pump. I have someone wanting it, but before I sell it, I would like to hear opinions on what you guys think its worth, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.