What's an easy way to remove hardened tree sap?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had stuff like this on my Trans Am 13 years ago and the guys at the body shop came out with something and it wiped right off, don't know what it was tho.

image.jpg image.jpg

K.Kiser

No idea what a prof body shop would use but I've gotten by using mild petroleum products like WD-40.

My garage is never without that Blue & Yellow can

nort

We've got a product available called GooGone. Works well on tree sap. I've never had an issue with it on an OEM finish but I have seen it dull rattle can & other DIY applications.
X2 on the WD-40 idea, I've also heard of guys using baby oil to get rid of (tree) goo, but I've never tried it personally.

Jon

Supporting Member
We told you, a torch, or your tongue. Sand paper as a last resort.

allimax

I feel for you, had 17 very mature white pines lining my one fence line and had them all cut down and logged out of here. I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked good. ( Everything mentioned above except the sanitizer) A detail guy told my son to use isopropyl alcohol. Worked by far the best but the longer its been on there the harder its going to be.

chester8420

That looks like pine tree resin. If so, go to your local drug store or amazon and order a small bottle of turpentine. A couple of oz will last forever. It is a solvent made from pine sap. It smells like a pine tree and it will remove sap without hurting your finish or windows at all. I've never seen anything it hurts. It is great for removing sap from your fingers after yardwork, pick up pine tree limbs etc... Sort of an old time remedy that folks these days don't really know about. I did some searching for you and oddly enough, seems that one of the cheaper places to get it is here: http://www.diamondgforestproducts.com/~shop/4-oz-100-pure-gum-spirits-of-turpentine/186769/?catId=34919