What's it worth?

THutch

My uncle and I are discussing the possibility of me buying his '98 XB2003. It is in very good A+ condition. He has run it very little and will take the motor off. So I'll be buying a fully rigged boat including jack plate, Merc controls, double axle trailer, cover, etc. Because its my uncle, we want to make certain the price is fair to both of us. I'd like to get opinions of what its worth? Its not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings who is trying to sell a boat on here. I'm simply looking for opinions of what the boat is worth so there aren't any hard feelings with my uncle. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS - I'll be upgrading my '79 SST!!!!

fnshrmaster

Well.... I can tell you if I was to sell MY 97 2003 fully rigged without power I would ask in the 8500 range, give or take depending on what goes with it.

I guess you could say anywhere from 7500 to 9500 for a really nice one. Good luck! Kurt

XXXR2001

My uncle and I are discussing the possibility of me buying his '98 XB2003. It is in very good A+ condition. He has run it very little
I'm thinking $8-$12k. 8 being good condition and 12 being almost new. If the boat is truly "A+" condition (stored in doors its whole life & used very little), you guys probably need to fall in the $10-$12k range for it to be a fair to your uncle.

SmallJaw

A big part of my decision, as far as pricing goes, would depend on any new upgrades to the trolling motor, electronics, gauges etc. If it is all '97 original in great shape I'm in that $8K cheering section. If the boat had the motor, newer electronics and troller, and assuming it was a 225, 280 or whatever, in good shape with low hrs, I'd think top price for the rig would be $17-$19K. The old adage that something is really worth what somebody else is willing to pay goes a long way. I'm that uncle to a nephew that I love an awful lot and I'd just about give the boat to him if I could afford it. I can't but the deal for my nephew would be as sweet as I could make it if he really wanted it.:very happy

THutch

Thanks so much. We have kicked around the $10,000 to $12,000 range so it sounds like we are at the high end of an educated buyers market. My uncle is the best you could imagine. We are a lot alike in that we usually shop like crazy and demand the best possible price. That makes it difficult for him to sell at a discount and for me to buy at fair value. At least now I know we are in the right range, on a boat that has no secrets. I'm going to work on getting him to throw in a motor for another $5,000 or so!!!

xb03

Post some good pics of it. That will help us put a closer price on it.

THutch

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures when I was at his house. He is not tech oriented and lives about 500 miles away. The next time I see it will likely be upon delivery.

John S

You're at the real high end of the range at ten grand, it better be flawless. I sold my mint 99 for less than that three years ago. Look in the for sale section here for examples, you can find ones with 260's / 280's on the back in the 15 grand range you're talking about.