What's your favorite pickup truck color and why?

What's your favorite color for your pick-up tow vehicle?

• Total voters

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Go to this link at the GMC truck site and click on the "colors" tab at the left-hand side of the page, and tell me what you think!!

I'm having a hard time deciding on the color!! :roll: Was thinking about silver birch then I am seeing everything on the road is silver!!!

Sure; I know, in the end I'm just gonna get what I decide but I DO value you guys' opinions and reasons for a particular color!!

http://www.gmc.com/sierra900/1500/index.jsp

I'm getting the leather interior...what do ya think about Medium Brown with cashmere interior?

One thing for sure....WHATEVER color it is, you'll see it in Tennessee come June! :mrgreen:

John S

black. I know its a pain to keep nice, but with some homie chromie 20s there aint nuthin better lookin than a black truck. At least in my opinion-John

RedAllison

Asheut, man my fav twernt even in the poll (Fire Red) $);

But LLDoggg since you own nearly as many A-boats as Darris himself, I think you're only choice is something neutral like white or black. Maybe you should look at the Cadillac Escalade EXT and do the Diamond White thing? Yeeeeeeeah boooooooy that's the ticket.

I'm buyin Michelle either an Escalade ESV or a Suburban LTZ for Mothers Day nextyear and she REALLY likes the maroon colors. I'm like, "Baby the maroon looks like CHIT when pullin RDW behind her. Don'tcha think you'd be happier with Diamond White or Gold Mist?"

But then she's quick to point out it won't be "my" truck in the first place!!! :? :|
RA

Forkin' Crazy

I vote white. It is the coolest, plus it's easy to pick out some nice vinyl stripes for it. :grin: Plus it constrasts well with blacked out windows. $);

Either that or "Forest" green so you'll look like the possum cops... around heres anyway. ;)

whipper

Colour

What ever matches your boat the best!!!! Nothing cooler I think than a matching rig rollen down the road or at the ramp! James

jaybluez

Datz wut I say whipper! Aint nuttin perteeeR den mah white single cab long wheel base whiskey dented GmC 4x4 :lol: and dat perteee White and blue allisown behand her!

David Lanham

Lou

My first choice is White but the Medium Brown would be okay as well.

I'm curious, what gear ratio are you going to pick with the 6.0 motor?

Seems like the 3.73:1 with 5.3L worked real well for towing, even in overdrive.

Do you know what the curb weight is on this new truck? Seems like the Chev/GMC truck is/was significantly lighter than the 6,000 + lbs sled F150 and Dodge 1500.

I heard the suspension is totally new for 07 and they drive really nice.

Good luck and keep us posted.

BigRedAlli

Hard to beat Black/chrome, if you got room in the garage and dont have to drive every day. PIA to keep clean, but looks great when it is!!!

For a daily driver, I would go with White/chrome and tint the windows for sure.

The silver would be my 2nd choice.

I hate pick'in colors... :lol:

Marty

PS...I agree with Scott!!! :mrgreen:

RedAllison

Whipper he can't just buy one truck to match his boat, the man is the Admiral of the West Coast Alli Fleet (meanin he has 3 A-boats) and they are all different colors.

Kansas City Fa...... :mrgreen:
RA

whipper

colour

Well then,Red he may just half to buy 3 trucks. :mrgreen: Like Marty said then you cant go wrong Black and crome or white with tinted windows. My Alli is yellow and white with a black trailer. My Suburban is Black and silver looks great with the boat even better parked at the ramp with just the black trailer. Black or White goes with anything. James

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I have an old (1984) black Jaguar XJS V12. I got it in 1993, and it was my everyday car for several years. Now it's parked in one of the barns with the battery disconnected--still runs, but lives in the "batcave".

Although there is nothing as cool (as in "hip", not temperature :lol: ) as a black ride, I vowed "NEVER AGAIN" because of the propensity for it to look dirty even 10 minutes after you wash / wax it.

That's why black was not listed as one of my choices. But now y'all have got me reconsidering. It's down to black, white, or the blue, which is different and you never see--but has the same drawbacks as the black.

David, yes I am getting the 3.73 axle ratio after much thought, for mileage considerations. I thought the 4.10 would be better for pulling, but our boats are so light, that the 6 liter "won't even know they are there" according to the dealer. Also, I thought the 4.10 would be quicker "off the line" but the dealer says that with the stabilitrak, it doesn't allow the wheels to slip, and the 3.73 and 4.10 would be indistinguishable in a "drag race". The 6 liter chits and gits if it's anything like the wife's escalade. Also, the GVWR is 7,000 lbs the way I have it equipped.

I know Pinkie will love this thread--10 pages about "truck color" LMAO. Ranks right up there with pinewood derby cars and registration letters, huh?

That's OK, it's wintertime.

3 trucks!?! :lol: That's funny. But they don't make one in yellow. :cry:

Thanks for all who have shared and continued to share their opinions.

Hey Red McDogg....KCF = GMC? :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

K

Kevin from FL

If you enjoy washing your ride, don't get Silver. I've had all colors over the years exept Silver and the last four were Black. Well you know about Black too :)

I have to wash my Silver truck once a year just to see if the rag will get dirty :shock: Besides, it matches my galvanized trailer :mrgreen:

whipper

2fast I know, I need a yellow and white truck! The new Toyota land cruisers have a yellow and white sport ute my niegbour has one. I had him pull up one day to the GSE and it looked sharp! A hummer H2 comes in yellow also.HHHHHHMMM :mrgreen:

whipper

Are going Silver? That looks nice! I work with a guy who just bought the crewcab duelly duramax in silver and lots of crome even crome mags looks real sharp! He also has a polished aluminum snow mobile deck on the box! Quite the package. He got his of ebay for $32000.00 down in Cal. James

J

John Richied

I know Pinkie will love this thread--10 pages about "truck color" LMAO. Ranks right up there with pinewood derby cars and registration letters, huh?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After I got out of the shower this morning I was getting dressed and when it came time to put my socks and shoes on I got confused.

I’m still at a loss of what to do… should I put both socks on, then both my shoes, then tie both my shoes?

Or should I put one sock on, then one shoe, then tie that shoe followed by the other sock, then the shoe and tie it?

I know the end result will be the same with both my feet having socks and shoes on that are tied but I want to do it right.

I’m sitting here barefoot so PLEASE help me soon!!!! :p