Wheatland, Mo / Lucas oil race

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Anyone hear a peep about the drag race in Wheatland, MO sponsored by Lucas Oil on 7/29-31 2011? I stopped by the site the weekend before and it looks first class. Assume there were Allisons in the bracket classes. Rumor has it there will eventually be water, air, elect in the pits plus an airstrip. The coarse is 4000' by 400' built from scratch with at least a dozen (?) entry ramps.

RedAllison

My dad is an old dragboat racer and he went. Said it was AWESOME!!! Place was packed out the wazoo but being in the middle of BFegypt most stayed an hour away in Springfield. He said the racing was GREAT and the facilities will be world class when fully done. LucasOil is doing it so money is no object. (hell they BUILT that lake from a freakin soybean field!) If Lucas keeps pouring the money and support to it, it's gonna end up rivaling Phoenix IR and being so much closer to the middle of the country it really has serious potential. (Once again, lack of being around a large town or city is only negative for now.) A Hot Springs bud of my dads won the 10sec class in a jet, beat a hydro, cut a .001 light and won by .005 second=2 inches. Glad they got laser technology handling timing today!

Being 5-6 hours from me I'll hafta get over there nextyear,
RA

Tim Bostic

We had a GREAT time there and, Yes, It is unbelievable how great a venue it is & will be.
Thurl Howard had his Allison there in the 10 sec class.....
There were other Allisons also..... the other popular outboards where QuarterMasters.
Top Fuel Hydro was so cool..... Eddie Knox's "Problem Child" set a new et record, I think at 3.48 sec in 1000 ft?
Tommy Thompson's Top Alcohol Flat boat, the Lucas Flat, also set another record.

Tim Bostic

Fishforcash

Daddy and I go to the dirt track every year. We will be there in Sept for a ASCS National Tour sprint car race. They were digging the track last year when we were up. The entire facility is first class in a town of 200 population. We stay about half way from the track and Springfield (Bolivar, MO).

Wheatland, MO is Forest Lucas' home town.

http://www.lucasoilspeedway.com/