Who is using ulterra

Dondante

I don't really tournament fish naymore. Casual fish in current on a Delta. Mobile Delta Causeway. Alabama river.

Any complaint's with the newer model? Does it handle running into stumps and limbs ok?

How do you have it mounted?

What size shaft?

Thanks.

JOEALLY

I live in Spanish Fort and have a 45" shaft, 36V 112 ulterra on my xb-21.

To say I like it is an understatement. It is one of the neatest things I've ever used on a bass boat.

Mine is mounted on a heavy duty Minn Kota disconnect plate (MKA-51). I've only had it for about 8 months but I captain for my son's high school team and we have used it for several tournaments.

I do cringe a little every time it hits a stump but so far there hasn't been any issues and it has hit more than I'm proud to admit.

Dondante

Oh. A hometown dude. You understand my wuestion more than anyone. I think I'm going to do it. Worried about lossikg the cable feel people make a huge fuss about.

I am going to order one in the a.m. Found mine kota factory refurbs on eBay. I just need to do it.

White with Red wing, grey carpet with a 280 of you happen to see me. I mostly fish causeway. Especially winter time.

Really glad someone who fishes my area replied.

Thanks
Chad

Dondante

Oh. BTW. I think I'm doing the 24v 80+. I think it'll pull the Bama. My MG 60# does ok. I do not fish it enough to justify.

I don't mind going 36 volt. Not sure I want to add another battery. I love the extra power. My 280 ish the fishing model with Belt Alternator. I run the radio constantly. I'm not sure a Dual Purpose would last.

You have me second guessing now. Lol

JOEALLY

The 24V will probably be plenty for the xb2003. I went with the 36V because we fish a good number of tail races below dams in my son's tournaments.

The foot control is definitely NOT like a cable steer. Honestly, it only took me one trip out to realize I prefer the electric steer hands down. Most of the time, I roll the speed to where I want it, hit the continuous "on" and just bump the arrows on the pedal to steer as needed but I hardly ever keep my foot on the pedal like the old style. The remote is also very neat.

If you know who Tim Powell is, "Fastbass Marine" you should get a price from him. He's usually about as low as you can find one. He's on facebook as well.

I'll keep an eye out for you. I've owned 3 xb2003s, they are awesome boats!

Dondante

I ordered one last night. I will let you know when I get to try it out.

BigRWater

The 36 volt outperforms the 24 volt in rough conditions on my 20 foot bass boat. I will be installing a 36 volt Ulterra on an XB-2003 next week & I'll report back. The XB-2003 is 500 pounds lighter than my 20 foot Champion. I am excited to see how that all works, for fishing.

Dondante

CAn you send me a pic of how you mounted your MKA 51? I am not sure this sucker is gonna fit on my XB2003