Who's the best?

edgerat

If Paul Nichols is the best(IMO) at setting up a Bullet who is the equivalent at setting up an Allison?
Isaac

J

John Richied

I’m going to go with…. ummmmmm, well <scratching my head> ummmmmm, how about YOU! :smile

That is if you’re asking this question for when you purchase an XB-2002 or XB-2003 in the future.

Setting up an Allison and learning to drive is half the fun.

It’s not like you are setting it up for a world record run so if I were you I wouldn’t be too concerned with having or talking to “the best” to get her on the water to fish.

If your main concern is some of the horror stories you have heard about hookin’, bat turns, etc… set-up is important, but the boat loaded with the weight properly distributed, seat time, and common sense are other huge factors.

edgerat

I agree John, I am just thinking if I get on your boat or silverbullet's '03 and I decide I do want an Allison then it will most likely be coming from Tennessee and I would like to have it setup prior to my monkey'ing with it ;) No bat turns for me! hahaahhahahah! Certainly not trying to break any records but I would like to be able to run it up to 10mph of it's capabilities without it hooking.
Isaac

whipper

Brian Harden in SC also. He,s been setting up Allisons since he was a teenager. Ive had no issues with my set up that Brian did on mine. The only thing ive done now is raise the motor more.

AllisonboatsMS

I know they are out of the Ally business right now but im gonna say Jerry Jaco would be a hard man to beat setting up an Allison.

Darth VMAX

No votes for the Current World Record basboat Holder?

I would put Shook up there as well

john w

I think Glen Renoylds should be included along with Bill Gohr. Many years of experience with Allison's.

K.Kiser

Glen is the next best thing to Darris Himself, as He was hands on with the development of the legendary hulls and not just there to rig and sell them... There are quite a few truly talented Guy's, but if we're gonna split hairs and be given the arduous task of pinpointing the cream dela' cream then I'm gonna say Glen Reynolds... Many of the Guy's already mentioned are definitely sure fire choices, but I'd also like to add Key Puckett from Fishing World in Dallas to that list while We're chatting...