Why I've been absent...

RedAllison

Sorry for my absence from the board this late summer and now fall. I first viewed this property in late August, put a contract on it Sept. 15 and we finally closed on it Oct. 7. With juvenile gun season staring me in the face the last weekend of October, I spent ALOT of time on the place getting stands and plots in place for my boys and guests.

But it's all be VERY WELL worth it, my 621 acre slice of heaven. Here it is, "Moores Lake Sporting Club" as I call it:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2071580&id=1065591196

Dreams truly DO come true. Just seeing my boys faces light up when they took their deer and watching guests reaction when they tour the property for the first time. I'm proud as can be of such a wonderful and special place. I knew it was special when I found it and quickly tried to tie it up and get it off the market. After closing we found out several buyers were in the process of getting ready to begin a possible purchase including country entertainer Brad Paisley.

The Hatchie River system is the largest remaining, undisturbed, "natural river system" in the MS River Basin. The timber and waterway looks much as it did 200 years ago. It's ALIVE with wildlife and will remain so by state and federal regulations. The eastern boundary of my property is 8000ft from the northern border of the 12000acre Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge. The largest single oxbow in the entire 180 mile Hatchie drainage basin is my lake, "Moores Lake". A mile long, cypress lined, fish and waterfowl choked piece of history and pride.

Many stories and pictures to follow in the future, :at the bar
RA

Darth VMAX

I am so happy for you RA (and a little jealous as well LOL).

I would love to have something in the Ozarks or Oauchita's some day...

Texan

Looks like a pretty kewl place you got there, Red. Looking forward to seeing it in person sometime!

BigRedAlli

Cool!!!

The critters ain't safe in your neck of the woods...LOL!!!

Is it rally territory?

RedAllison

lol Marty we might hafta have a "jon boat rally" on it next summer. But it's a little tight and timber filled for big boats. Jeffro (da cashew kid) and I initially set the "Moores Lake Speed Record" at 34gps and change in my lil Lowe a few weeks ago but I went back and reset it again by myself a couple days later. :big grin

Bein a swamp the place is INFESTED with cottonmouths, I don't mean just a couple, I mean like EVERYWHERE killed em everytime I went out there before it turned cooler a few weeks ago. You WON'T get me in dat water unless it's strictly by accident!!! :help Got about 1.5 miles of river frontage (the southern border is all river) but the Hatchie River is a scenic river full of fallen trees, critters and granola eatin canoe paddlers! I might hafta launch the Lowe a few times and terrorize the canoers. :very happy

Thanx,
RA

Texan

Keep the Judge filled with #6 in all five and send as many of those dang snakes to meet their maker. Make sure the boy's are well aware of the snakes, too! Getcha a couple of donkey's and turn them loose. They'll help with the snake population, too!

jimbob88

Looks pretty awesome. Did you get banjos at closing or are the backwoods already occupied? Don't hafta worry bout any northerners if you're full of cottonmouths! Send pics!

Texas Dear

Congrats on the new get away spot. If you need any help clearing out the animals give us a call. Have fun and enjoy. Can remember when my daughter sat on my lap and killed her first deer. It does keep the kids out of trouble. Baby girl has grown up to be a pretty good young lady. Now I'm working on our grandkids.