Wicked Balls

Deason

If they work let us know cause nothing else I've tried latley helped me any,,,,,LOL

GotMyAlly

Where I really think they'll shine is on deep divers. When those ledge fish have seen a million other cranks running by at 20' depths, I'm hoping this will make mine stand out a little bit. One thing I don't like is how it just screws on. There's really no positive locking mechanism to keep it from unscrewing and backing off (and leaving $2 worth of tungsten on the bottom). Probably will take a pair of needle nose and crimp the spiral closed once I've got 'em on there.

hullbilly

Interesting. In my latest Bassmaster magazine, Kevin Short showed a pic of a modified crankbait. He used lead wire to wrap around the back treble hook. I believe he does this to tune a crankbait for suspending, but never really condsidered the eratic action part. Think I may try this.

SLOmofo

Long ago I made a mold for treble hooks. Made floaters suspend or sink depending how much lead you removed. This Wicked Ball, I think works because the weight can shift around thus making the action erratic/change.