Woe of the WARs

SLOmofo

I'm positive I'm not the only one that experienced trials and tribulations leading up to or just after our WARs. Myself I can remember at least 5 that I had. Just before, during or just after.
6...striped the threads out of a spark plug hole at the delta.

What were yours?

dubmoney

I lost my gas cap once. Cribbin loaned me his. Broke two props this year, starter motor wouldn't engage until I put a little oil in just the right spot, other than that, I have gotten off pretty easy. Course I have only been to three.

G Allen

Blowing a trailer tire on the way and mangling a fender on the way to WAR 2019 for me, and having the A/C quit on my truck as I was descending into Sacramento's mid 90 temps as well... No boat woes there though.

BUT... Mr. Idiot just left the stereo faceplate and cig socket USP charger out where they got rained on one evening while I was camping out and sleeping this week at Flaming Gorge ... 86 one faceplate and the that drowned USB thingie was the only way I could charge my I-pilot remote and cell, and if I can't find a replacement it's new boat stereo time...I got caught without having a tent set up in the middle of the night. sleeping out on a cot under the stars. I anchored a small tarp under one side of the cot legs and pulled it over me. I woke up next morning with a damp sleeping bag but I was warm at least. Oooops! mountain weather can do that out of the blue. Waaaaah...

I am wondering if that means that a new cylinder head has to be purchased and installed?

I did burn around 55 gallons of premix this week. Flaming Gorge Reservoir is perfect Allison boat water. It's huge. Other boats traveling around like I did of similar size would have burned 80 or more. So I guess some of that unspent gas money goes to the stereo fund.

fastglass1

2018 was the year for weird thing to happen for me at the rally. Started out when I reached the exit for Salt Creek and was transferring the boat from being towed by the RV to being towed by pickup. After I removed the trailer from the RV, I was pull the RV out of the way and hit a ditch with a bit to much speed. Bounced the back of the RV pretty good and ended up cracking the wood sliding door in front of the washer/dryer. Thank goodness I have a nice woodworking shop at home.. Fixed the door when I got home.

The second thing was on exiting the RV one day, the door got locked. Keys, phones, and dog were in the RV and we were all outside going $hit. We have a keypad to unlock but could not remember the combination. Long story short, called a locksmith on a borrowed cell phone and he got us in. Now we know the keypad combination and use it regularly so we don't forget it again.

The one thing I have learned over the years is that it is not what happens but how you deal with it and recover.

SLOmofo

"The one thing I have learned over the years is that it is not what happens but how you deal with it and recover.

I deal with these situations like this......... If there's no blood spurting or bones sticking out, money will fix it!

THutch

“I deal with these situations like this......... If there's no blood spurting or bones sticking out, money will fix it!”

My brother taught me that anything that can be fixed with money isn’t a problem, it’s an expense.