XB-2002 Live Well

Casey G

I don't fish and never have, so I know nothing about live wells.

Before I cut and plug off the hoses I thought I'd ask how they work. Mine keeps filling with water even when the lever inside the tank is closed. It doesn't fill as fast or as full as it would if the lever was in the open position, but it still gets a bit of water in it. Is that normal? Also how do the switch's and pumps work? I know it circulates but that's it. Can I pump it out or does it have to gravity drain?

I'd like to keep it functional in case I ever decide to use it, but not if it's always holding water.

Or maybe the valve is just bad?

Brack

yeah Casey sounds like the valve is bad,.. I plug the drain hole and the overflow outlet on the inside on the well, also Ive plugged off the intake hole(under the screen),..... sometimes when I would get in the boat I would hit the switch on the front panel and it would fill up ....

its not that I don't like to fish , I just never catch anything big enough to keep....LOL

Casey G

so the plastic screen on the fill inlet comes off and i can stick a drain plug in it? if so that will be easy. i guess i never looked at it that close. i will admit that i stuck a plug in the drain hole before i knew which was which and obviously the only thing that it did was not drain.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Casey My 003 has a livewell drain with no screen and an livewell intake with a screen. I put a plug in the drain(no screen). There are three all together including the bilge drain hole.

Last edited:

hack02

I went to the hardware store and bought a rubber cover to fit over the intake screen. That and a hoseclamp and it stays dry.

FLYING BUTCHER

I just plug both drains in bottom of boat. If you happen to hit switch by mistake (been there) you will pump water in livewells not good at the drags???

ALLISONMAN

casey you can buy a pcv cap to cap off the intake side of the livewell and use a plug on the drain!! and bill is right a livewell full of water and boatdrags will cause you to do a 180 at the finish line!! been there done that!!!!!!!