XB-21 ProSport at Ga State Top 6

IRONBLOCK

One of my friends in the Marietta BassMasters got to fish out of an XB-21 ProSport in the Top-6 Georgia State Championship on Lake Eufaula. The boat & owner (71 years old) were from around Clarks Hill Lake (GA/SC). Alan (my buddy) said it (ProSport, White/red) was absolutely Awesome! He said they were running about 80 mph, on the GPS, carrying on a normal conversation, "with their hats on". As they passed one boat, a (Ranger) boat "tried to cut them off". The A/O said "I don't think so"; gave it the gas and rocketed past; reportedly at 91 mph! :gasp

Alan said it was the best riding boat he had ever been in; which confirms what I have read here. It also contradicts what all the 'old guys' in the club say about an Allison.

I was paired to fish out of an old TR-19 and the ride was just awful with 3-4 rollers down past the causeway! (continuous 20+ mph wind) :help We ended up losing the engine cowl when both mounting points broke off. I think this was an answer to prayer as I could not take the pounding anymore. We were able to recover the cowl (floating like a bowl) and tied it back the on the engine but the driver had to take it easy.:very happy

Last edited:

champ198

Great report. I used to own a TR19, it was the worst riding boat I've ever owned. Everyone underestimates how well these XB21 hulls drive, ride, and accelerate.

SmallJaw

Friday I loaded my boat on the trailer at Smith Lake Dam and was talking to my nephew when a man pulled his boat out of the lake and up near us. We walked over to see how he had done while fishing since my nephew new this man fished about 4 times a week. He was a nice older guy with a 20 Triton that was well worn from a zillion trips on the lake. After a while he asked me if that was my Allison. I said yes sir it is. He grinned and asked me how I liked it. I replied that it was the best boat I ever owned. He replied that it is a pretty boat but he wouldn't have one because they ride like a boat paddle. I was chuckling and was not going to say anything to the old man because he was free to say whatever he wanted to say anyway.....but my nephew couldn't stand that comment even a little bit. Nephew just steps up close to the man and says Mr. so & so, it is obvious you don't know anything about boats. You had me fooled. That Allison is the best riding bass boat on the planet. You see my nephew has a 20 Triton too and has been in my boat a many a day. The old man stood his ground and says "you are free to believe whatever you want to believe and so am I". I told my nephew it was ok. My boat does ride like a boat paddle. A really fast one and a really smooth one.:big grin