Xb02 bass racer

v8astrovan

just got a bass racer and had core floor and stringers replaced due to them being soft after eveything was done its weighed in at 658lbs w/o rigging.. my questions are how high should my motor be w/ 10" set back?? and what speeds should i see w/ a mild 2.4 200 on a 15" mid w/ a bobs 200 case w/ ally mods done turning a 26 et?? also have a 30 offshore cut for top end... will i need 2 different set-up one for light load 1 person 30p prop and one for 3 ppl 26p heavy load??

Jimxb02

Looks like you are no stranger to Hi Po boats. With a light load you could run 100 MPH when you have everything dialed in. I would start at 1/4" below pad to get feel of the boat and get some seat time. Then lift motor 1/8" at a time to get max safe speed. Don't forget that when you have people riding with you , drop motor 1/4" to 1/2" lower to be safe.

Good luck !!!

Jim

v8astrovan

ya ive had a few the xr02 i had was set-up when i got it and didnt have it very long and the 98' xb02 w/ 280 was my dads and he had phil conant set it up for running the river w/ a small wheel not top end i want to see if with a light load i can into the 100's w/ a 2.4 200... pad has been worked by allison from what ive been told it has gray primer on the lip of the pad and also on the right side (if your looking at the back of the boat) on the edge lip of it.. think you guys for your help btw caan yall help me w/ the 17' allison bass boat i think its an xtb but might be wrong..