XB2002 FasBass or later model light XB2002 question...

poorboy

First...Be patient with me. I know this subject has been beaten to death over the last 2 decades, and when talking "late model" XB2002, I understand that age is open to interpretation when speaking of Allison's as:

1. they're bulletproof
2. many sit on showroom floors or in garages for years without being used

To me late model means one 10 years old or newer, or possibly even somewhat older if it's been a garage queen and is still in like new shape. Now on to my questions.

Have any of you had a XB2002 FasBass built recently? What did it really ended up weighing and how was it weighed?

I'm wanting to know if the 780-800lbs that's advertised is the "out of the mold weight" or with steering, seat, hotfoot, cables, jackplate, etc installed. I've weighed my 2 past XB2002's and 780-800lbs doesn't sound much if any lighter than an older comp model with all the basics installed.

I've read that the boat Bill Mason-Flying Butcher had built in 2008 weighed 678lbs, and the Jaco record boat weighed 710-720lbs. Anyone know if these weights include the basic rigging?

I'm interested in a "runner-only", no live-well pumps, no trolling motor wires etc, running lights only stripped down model. Basically a XR2002 boat riding type setup that you can walk on the front deck.

If I cannot have what I want built very easily, or find a late model version of it to purchase as is, does anyone know where a nice genuinely light XB2002 might be that one might be able to purchase and strip off the excess rigging? I'd prefer any other color other than the Allison signature colors of Red or yellow but understand that beggars can't be too picky?

Thanks,
David

Bobalouie

Bills old boat was 689lbs and I am pretty sure was weighed with the jackplate on, carpet, driver seat, wiring and all, but is was a special order light layup. It was rigged as a Comp-Pro but weighed in as a Bassracer, so they thinned it out somewhere, but I never could figure out where. Darris told me the pad was built the same as any other XB02 and the sides and hull didnt flex, and the decks didnt creak or bow, so I am not sure where they got the weight out of it at. Of course you have to be careful about the weights a little bit, Bill rigged the boat with a 7" jackplate, which probably weighs 10 lbs less than the 10-11-12 jackplate I had on it. Which is significant considering there is only about 100 lbs separating bassracers from tournament hulls. I always went by bassracers were 650-700lbs, Comp-Pros were 700-750lbs and Tourneys were 750-800 lbs.

I talked to a guy once who had a XB02 that he pulled all the troller wiring out of and said it saves about 20lbs or so.

Bill Mason

Hello guys. Its been years since I've been on the site. Just purchased a lakefront property in Tennessee. Hope to get back into boating again. Everything in the above post is true. The boat I had built weighed 685 ready to put motor on. Nine years ago I purchased another 02 that my ole friend Murry Reese had owned . It had less than 50 hours on it. I've put about 50 hours on it and it has been sitting in storage for years. Just had hydraulic steering put on her. Build weight was 710#s on it. 02 is one helluva hull.

have fun be safe