Xb2002 Question

allisonracer

has anyone put two sport consoles on an xb2002 for side by side seating? I have been thinking of converting mine to have two up front seats. Pics of side by side setup wound be great.

Also when converted how does the boat handle from center to side steering? I figure its gonna run on its side and bow down a good bit more but am wondering if the battery needs to be moved and more cup added to the prop for bow lift. Basically best setup for single person and with a passeger.

Darth VMAX

has anyone put two sport consoles on an xb2002 for side by side seating? I have been thinking of converting mine to have two up front seats. Pics of side by side setup wound be great.

Also when converted how does the boat handle from center to side steering? I figure its gonna run on its side and bow down a good bit more but am wondering if the battery needs to be moved and more cup added to the prop for bow lift. Basically best setup for single person and with a passeger.

That has been my plan for years now (make my XB2002 a Dual Console). I have a side steer with the bullet console and would like another. The only thing I am afraid of is it will make getting up to the front deck a little tight.
AS far as side steering. It for sure is a lot different. The XB2002 really does so a lot better as a center steer IMO. You will just have to make sure the boat is balanced well. That being said, there is no way I would convert it to a center steer. I need the extra seating AND I don't run mine near the speeds others do.

I have seen ONE XB2002 set-up as a DC and it didn't look too bad actually.

Attachments

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Yeah, as with ANY single console bassboat (except a CC) it looks "off" IMO. Adding another for sure would even the look out. But, its what I have. Its just hard to think that tiny little console is about $500 now! I need to just pony up and do it. A perfect spot to mount the stereo.

Now neal...you really dissin on my ride???? ;-)

Last edited:

Casey G

I’m not sure how a dual console would look, I guess I’d have to see one. Mine is a side steer with the regular wide console, I agree it doesn’t look as good as a center steer single small console, it’s not that bad.

When my son is old enough to sit by himself and not in mine of my wife’s lap I’m getting a small console and converting to center steer.

I run my batteries (Odyssey 925 & 545) in the port rear locker and it's ok, but if i plan on running hard i also add a 25 lb lead bag behind the glove box

Last edited:

RedAllison

There HAS been a couple of "dual console" XB02s around in the past. But I can't find the pic someone posted a few years ago. :cuss It looked sharp and would work fine. (Obviously less protection than the sport console but sportier lookin imho)

Driving wise, like Dmax said the 02 really likes center steer for ultimate handling and performance.
RA

BP1

Casey,2nd picture down,I think I see a spec of dirt on your hull.

oh nevermind, it was pizza sauce on my monitor.

Boat looks great :beer:

Fishforcash

Casey's boat is as clean as they get. That boat is as near perfect as can be and that mota just makes it.

I don't know if he ever got all of my drool off it from Amistad.

allisonracer

ya i thought i had seen some pics in the past which is where i got the idea, but didnt pay much attention cause i wasn't married then :rolling eyes. I have my stereo in the glove box but i thought if i did the dual console that would be a good place to put it. I saw the 21 ft bass boat has dual consoles and they look like larger 02 consoles and it looks pretty good. I have been looking for the larger console like Casey G has but haven't found one very cheap. I was thinking of doing the dual consoles casue i could just pop a mold off mine and make one but before i went to the trouble i was hoping to see a pic.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Just got off the phone with Bill. $400 for the "older" style like I have or $500 for the new larger style console.

F2008

Just got off the phone with Bill. $400 for the "older" style like I have or $500 for the new larger style console.
Ross, buy mine. I'll give you a good deal. I seriously want a new style and should be done talking myself into buying one by mid-summer :laughing

$500 is for one color gel yes?

Darth VMAX

Ross, buy mine. I'll give you a good deal. I seriously want a new style and should be done talking myself into buying one by mid-summer :laughing

$500 is for one color gel yes?

Sorry bro. I have the newer than yours style but older than the current "Fasbass" style (which I beleive is just the newest XB21 BasSport console with a different winshield). The $400 ones are the 1990-2007 style and the $500 are the 2008-2011 style. Both prices are TWO colored gel. I appreciate the offer though.

I am not sure if you can still get the older Pre-90 angular style ones or not (I didn't ask). In all there are 3 different style of XB2002 "Bullet" or small consoles.

Last edited:

F2008

Sorry bro. I have the newer than yours style but older than the current "Fasbass" style (which I beleive is just the newest XB21 BasSport console with a different winshield). The $400 ones are the 1990-2007 style and the $500 are the 2008-2011 style. Both prices are TWO colored gel. I appreciate the offer though.

I am not sure if you can still get the older Pre-90 angular style ones or not (I didn't ask). In all there are 3 different style of XB2002 "Bullet" or small consoles.
Cool, I never realized there were three consoles, thanks, .....oh well I gave it a shot.