XB2002 with Mercury 115hp 4-stroke

Dave Hensley

Thought this might be of interest. I sold this 1998 XB2002 to Billy back last fall. He had the Fastbass fairing and deck lid installed at Allison. The boat was extremely nice. He took it to Jacos and they installed the 4 stroke on it. The motor weighs 350 pounds. He had a nosecone installed. With him and a light fishing load he is running 75mph and thinks it has a couple more mph left. That is dang impressive if you ask me. My hat is off to him for trying something different and making it work.

Billy4.jpg

mikesufka

Beautiful boat for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interesting motor choice - crazy how fast that is with a little 115 :)

MDS

flying07

wow that looks clean! love the white with a little red, but i'm a tad partial. . . . . most fuel efficient allison yet i bet!

RedAllison

Dave that has to be a mind blowingly efficient rig right there! Run all weekend on half a tank of fuel and STILL pass 3/4 of the boats on the water at 75mph. Talk about REALLY pissing the cookiecutter boys off, go by them in your 20ftr with a 115 on it? lmao, as the old shirt said, "Only in an Allison!" ;)

Dave Hensley

Billy did a great job with the boat. That cowl looks alot better than the new 4-strokes they just introduced. Read somewhere that said the new 4-stroke 225 was faster than a 250 Pro XS. Hard to believe with a 1.85 club foot lower and 5800 rpm limit.

Whaaaaat

I would be interested to see how the lower holds up over time. I was considering one of these for my SS but my dealer basically said that if I added a nose cone and solid mounts that it would void any warranty.

gmorgan

Would you even need a nosecone until you got it up into the mid 80s?

Whaaaaat

Would you even need a nosecone until you got it up into the mid 80s?
I don't think that gearcase had any type of low water pickup. Without a cone it would need to be run buried deep. I would think running it that deep would really keep the speed down.?